Template is a complete set of one chart window's configuration, including indicators, painting tools and chart color scheme.
You can use templates to make your testing easier and more comfortable use. When all settings are put up, you can save your template. To save template you should:
1. Click on View:
2. Select Templates → Save Template, or click the right mouse button on the chart and select Templates → Save Template:
3. Type the template's name and tick the necessary item, for instance, as it is shown below:
- Save color scheme: saves the color scheme, both main and additional colors of the current chart.
- Save graphic instrument: saves all graphical tools.
- Save indicators: saves all chosen indicators.
→ it will save the colors of the chart, bars, grid, etc. (indicators will not be displayed on the chart - only color scheme will be saved);
→ it will save all indicators for all timeframes of the current window;
→ except color scheme, it will save all graphic instruments: lines, Fibonacci tools, Shapes, Channels, Text Labels, etc.
Please NOTE: you can uncheck and select the necessary item (as shown above), or just leave it by default:
If to apply the template to another currency, so it's better to exclude the option - Save graphic instruments - as they will be copied in a non-appropriate way:
Please NOTE: indicators are attached to specific timeframes in comparison to Meta Trader where they are not attached at all. So, if you save a template for 15 minutes, 1 and 4 hours timeframes, then after applying this template, the indicators will appear on these timeframes only.
To apply the template, please click the right mouse button on the chart → Templates → < Name of the template >:
Please NOTE: The chart is changed according to the Template, the timeframe shifts to the same one as was saved in your template. That means that the template saves a complete state of the chart including timeframes and indicators that can be applied to the selected timeframes only.
To rename or delete the templates:
1. Click the right mouse button on the chart.
2. Select Templates → Edit Templates:
3. You will see the list of templates. Select the template you need from this list:
4. Click → Rename, make changes and confirm them:
To delete the template, click the Delete button and confirm the deletion of the template:
You can also check out your templates via the View → Templates menu:
When clicking on Templates → default, the chart gains the default settings:
If you want to move your templates from one computer to another, for instance, go to Forex Tester 3 folder (C:\ForexTester3 folder by default) → Select the Templates folder and copy all your templates to some additional folder on your computer in order to restore them when it's necessary.