How to use custom indicator in the strategy

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
nn2014

How to use custom indicator in the strategy

#1 Postby nn2014 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi,

I have implemented custom indicator "MyIndicator" and installed in forextester and I can add it and see on my screen. I have strategy implemented to make orders automatically, which works as well, but when I try to load my custom indicator in my strategy code, nothing happens, after loading the strategy I don't see the indicator loaded and painted.

I'm using the regular C++ function CreateIndicator(Currency, Timeframe, "MyIndicator", "param1;param2;param3") to load the indicator in the code.

Can someone someone confirm if I can use my custom indicator and load it from strategy code.

Thanks.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: How to use custom indicator in the strategy

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 am

nn2014 wrote:Hi,

I have implemented custom indicator "MyIndicator" and installed in forextester and I can add it and see on my screen. I have strategy implemented to make orders automatically, which works as well, but when I try to load my custom indicator in my strategy code, nothing happens, after loading the strategy I don't see the indicator loaded and painted.

I'm using the regular C++ function CreateIndicator(Currency, Timeframe, "MyIndicator", "param1;param2;param3") to load the indicator in the code.

Can someone someone confirm if I can use my custom indicator and load it from strategy code.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. There is no difference between standard and custom indicators in ForexTester. They are all in *.dll files. If you can not load your indicator from strategy, then there is probably a mistake in parameters list or in indicator's name. Check the journal, there could be some info about errors.
Hasta la vista
Mike

violajsilver

Re: How to use custom indicator in the strategy

#3 Postby violajsilver » Mon May 09, 2016 11:56 pm

I was searching for the same question and I found it here.

Return to “Programming lessons”