Missing Data question

Sources of data to import to the program
Mole

Missing Data question

#1 Postby Mole » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 am

Hi - I only purchased the software with VIP data feeds yesterday - and I have noticed the "red" bars when downloading data - specifically when I was looking at USOil data yesterday, but now I notice that most data feeds have areas where data can be incomplete or missing. My question is whether this is an issue for testing - for USOil there was a chunk of data missing from late 2018 that I wasn't able to test. Does this incomplete tick or minute data cause issues when backtesting with FT3 and can you resolve areas of missing data?

FX Helper

Re: Missing Data question

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:32 am

Hello,

We have checked and fixed the issue with wrong displaying in Data Center, this problem was on our side.
Really, data starts from 2014.11.19 for this symbol.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mole

#3 Postby Mole » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 am

Thanks for the response - actually my question above relates the the "red" areas, in the data center for USOil - which indicates I believe that there is data missing in the feed(s) - the USOil feeds for bothe FXCM and Forex.com have a significant amount of "red" bars in their feeds - is there anything to do about this?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:46 am

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I've asked our technicians to check the red parts of data for this symbol and fix it as soon as possible.

Return to “Data sources”