Default Pending Orders

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
pmxgs0

Default Pending Orders

#1 Postby pmxgs0 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi,

similar to the excellent feature which already exists in FT, it would be very helpfull if we could preset dafault pending orders.
The only thing that we would need besides what is already present in the default order, when setting the default pending orders, would be the distance from the current price at which the order is placed (triggered).
In summary we would have to define the following settings when setting up a default order:
1- Distance from current price at which the order is filled
2- Take profit level
3 - Stop loss level (with the possibility to add trailing stop)

thanks

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 am

Hello,

We already have some similar functionality. You can use "Place Pending Orders" button (please see screenshot) or Ctrl+O.

The only thing is that you cannot set trailing stop there.
Attachments
PredefinedPendingOrders.jpg
PredefinedPendingOrders.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 32700 times

pmxgs0

Preset Pending Orders

#3 Postby pmxgs0 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 am

Hello,

thanks very much for your reply.
I wasn't aware of that feature. For me it's very very helpfull.

I've tested this feature, but there is one thing that I don't know if it is possible.

Is it possible to place only sell orders or buy orders ?

This is important, because I would like to define a default set of sell orders to be executed when I have a sell setup and a buy set of orders when I have a buy setup.
For example, if I have a sell setup, and I have all those orders already defined, when I click the place orders button both the buy and sell orders are placed. But I only want to place the sell orders.

Is it possible to select only a part of the preset orders?
If this isn't possible, then my suggestion would be to add a tab to the current feature that allows us to choose which type of orders we want.
Even better would be to allow us to add several of these tab, each having our own set of orders. For example we could create one tab for buy orders, one for sell orders, one for more agressive sell orders, etc.

thanks in advance

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Preset Pending Orders

#4 Postby Terranin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 am

pmxgs0 wrote:Hello,

I've tested this feature, but there is one thing that I don't know if it is possible.

This is important, because I would like to define a default set of sell orders to be executed when I have a sell setup and a buy set of orders when I have a buy setup.
For example, if I have a sell setup, and I have all those orders already defined, when I click the place orders button both the buy and sell orders are placed. But I only want to place the sell orders.

If this isn't possible, then my suggestion would be to add a tab to the current feature that allows us to choose which type of orders we want.
Even better would be to allow us to add several of these tab, each having our own set of orders. For example we could create one tab for buy orders, one for sell orders, one for more agressive sell orders, etc.

thanks in advance

We are going to add scripts to Forex Tester where you can define any orders you want to place, it will be much more powerful feature. At current moment we have only this list of preset orders.
Hasta la vista
Mike

pmxgs0

#5 Postby pmxgs0 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi,

that is great news!! :)
I can't wait for that improvement.
Do you have any estimate on when it will be released?

Will the scripts be built by writing code in Delphi, or will there be a "wizard" to define the orders?

thanks

Terranin wrote:

thanks in advance

We are going to add scripts to Forex Tester where you can define any orders you want to place, it will be much more powerful feature. At current moment we have only this list of preset orders.
:D :D

Terranin
Site Admin

#6 Postby Terranin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm

pmxgs0 wrote:Hi,

that is great news!! :)
I can't wait for that improvement.
Do you have any estimate on when it will be released?

Will the scripts be built by writing code in Delphi, or will there be a "wizard" to define the orders?

thanks

Terranin wrote:

thanks in advance

:D :D

We are going to create a visual tool for this, so every one can create scripts without programming. But I can not tell you even approximate date for this. Can only say that this option will be created for sure.
Hasta la vista

Mike

mewddsltd

Accessing Open Orders controls

#7 Postby mewddsltd » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 pm

I am looking forward to the enhancement you have mentioned..

Until you have implemented this feature can you give me guidance on accessing the buttons, text boxes, etc on the Open Orders & Order Properties windows so I can create a vb script to simplify stacking orders (as is being taught by Rob Booker)

I have tried Send Keys and can get the Open orders window open but can not find a listing of the hot keys (short cut keys) to access the controls

Thanks for your help

Mike

system8

#8 Postby system8 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Terranin wrote:

thanks in advance

Hi Any update on this feature ??

Thanks,

Joe

FX Helper

Re: Default Pending Orders

#9 Postby FX Helper » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 am

Hello,

You can set the quick orders which you want to open in Tools -> Options -> “Trading” tab.
Then you can press Ctrl+B to open fast Buy order and Ctrl+S to open fast Sell order.
If you have a few orders there then you need to press Ctrl+B+1 (for first Buy order), for example.

Does this work for you?

themaxx

#10 Postby themaxx » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:00 am

Any update on when this functionality will be added? 8 years seems a long time...

FX Helper

#11 Postby FX Helper » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:39 am

Hello

This functionality is added into the Forex Tester 2 version, it will be added into the Forex Tester 3 in the next version.

themaxx

#12 Postby themaxx » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:40 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello

This functionality is added into the Forex Tester 2 version, it will be added into the Forex Tester 3 in the next version.

Has this been added to Forex Tester 3? If so, how do I use it please?

FX Helper

#13 Postby FX Helper » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:11 am

Hello,

Yes, you can use "Place group of orders" button on the tool bar (or Ctrl+O) hot key to use this feature.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”