Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Exp Ed for making strategies?

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
matrox

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Exp Ed for making strategies?

#1 Postby matrox » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 pm

I am trying to make a strategy for FT 2.2 with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition. I load the .dll but it says "Cannot install strategy, file will be deleted."

Any known issues with making these strategies with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition?

plaforte

it works for me

#2 Postby plaforte » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 am

Hello, I just installed VC++ express and it works fine for me. I can create strategy and execute them in FT2.2

Have you followed the instructions in the first programming lesson to create your DLL ?

It works for me but I am struggling with the FT functions, the documentation is not easy for me.

Good Luck

zortag

#3 Postby zortag » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Did you ever resolve this issue? I too am using VC++ 2008 and cannot install the strategy. Do I need to use VC++ 2005 instead?

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 am

zortag wrote:Did you ever resolve this issue? I too am using VC++ 2008 and cannot install the strategy. Do I need to use VC++ 2005 instead?

If you can not install strategy, there could be 2 reasons:

- you did not declare procedures InitStrategy, GetSingleTick and others as external in *.def file, or did not attach this file to the project (see Lesson 1). So Forex Tester can not find them in resulting dll file and assumes that this is not a strategy file.

- you used some trade functions (that is not allowed) in InitStrategy procedure. These functions will produce error and again Forex Tester assumes that this is a strategy that can not work properly and will delete it.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “Programming lessons”