Forex Tester Technical Indicator Functions documentation?

How to create strategies and indicators
irwa82

Forex Tester Technical Indicator Functions documentation?

#1 Postby irwa82 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:14 am

Hi,

I have been looking through the documentation for the strategy api and indicator api but I do not see any pre built functions for using moving averages, bollinger bands, rsi etc.

MQL4 has a lot of built-in functions to help you when building trading robots or indicators as show in their documentation at http://docs.mql4.com/indicators

I was wondering where to find your documentation on using the equivalent functions in forex tester

Thanks
Anthony

FX Helper

Re: Forex Tester Technical Indicator Functions documentation

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:20 am

Hello Anthony,

You can find API files in <Forex Tester folder>\Examples\Indicators folder (C:\ForexTester2\Examples\Indicators by default).

Please see more information about API here:
Forex Tester program -> Help -> Indicators

irwa82

#3 Postby irwa82 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:40 pm

I have already looked at the documentation and examples you listed.

what I am asking is whether forex tester has equivalent technical indicator functions to mql4 as shown here http://docs.mql4.com/indicators

It seems crazy to have to write my own code to calculate moving averages, rsi, atr etc when other trading libraries have them built-in.

I am trying to find any documentation to have the ability to automatically calculate commonly used indicators without having to write my own code to do these common tasks.

As mentioned in my original post I have looked at forex tester documentation and examples but it does not mention any functions for common technical indicators.

Thanks
Anthony

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

Hello,

Sorry, but Forex Tester doesn't have such functions.

You can find source code of built-in indicators in C:\ForexTester2\Examples\Indicators\Delphi\IndicatorsSrc folder (by default).

Return to “FT API”