Dynamic levels on different timeframes

How to create strategies and indicators
JetHedgehog

Dynamic levels on different timeframes

#1 Postby JetHedgehog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 am

Greetings!

I'm making "Murray Math Levels" idicator. All is working fine, except 1 very annoying thing... To draw dynamic horizontal levels I use CreateObject and create horizontal lines. That's working fine until switching to another timeframe... because I cannot detect it and redraw this lines.

If I install indicator on several timeframes at once, I cannot create different set of lines for different timeframes, cause it's the same chart window. It would be great if I can call AddLevel and later ChangeLevel or ClearLevels - simple and straightforward method. Sadly, there's no such valuable methods today.

I know that usually indicators should use IndexBuffers, but don't understand how I can draw infinite horizontal lines using Buffers...

Could you please implement ChangeLevel / ClearLevels method and/or give advice how to workaround this problem?

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:28 am

Sorry but we do not plan to implement such functionality in nearest future. As a work-around you can try drawing lines with Canvas (see an example of using Canvas in TimeBox indicator code) with canvas you can actually draw everything on the chart.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

JetHedgehog

#3 Postby JetHedgehog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Sadly, I don't have that example in Examples\... dir ... where is it? Could you please attach it to the post? Thank you!

KelvinHand

Re: Dynamic levels on different timeframes

#4 Postby KelvinHand » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 pm

JetHedgehog wrote:Greetings!

I'm making "Murray Math Levels" idicator. All is working fine, except 1 very annoying thing... To draw dynamic horizontal levels I use CreateObject and create horizontal lines. That's working fine until switching to another timeframe... because I cannot detect it and redraw this lines.

If I install indicator on several timeframes at once, I cannot create different set of lines for different timeframes, cause it's the same chart window.

Not sure your problem.

But why can't you open all TFs in difference charts to display you "Murray Math Levels" to fix the issue, Before you use to install indicator on several timeframes at once ?

During your fixing on each timeframe, you can gather all the right setting and put into array for each timeframe.

I hope this help.

JetHedgehog

#5 Postby JetHedgehog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:31 am

can't you open all TFs in difference charts to display you "Murray Math Levels" to fix the issue

That's inconvinient. I'm using graphical analysis. For example, I can draw additional line manually once and see it in different timeframes. In your scenarion I'll need to draw 4 similar lines for 4 timeframes - quite annoying.

Return to “FT API”