Exit the trade on the close of next 3 bars

How to create strategies and indicators
gendonp

Exit the trade on the close of next 3 bars

#1 Postby gendonp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

Hi,

I would like to test my exit strategy which is I'm going to exit the trade on the close of the next 3 bars. Is there any function that I can use ?

Thanks

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:17 am

Hello, is it correct that you plan to test only exit strategy and you do not need to test enter strategy?
if yes then you can prepare a set of trades, save it in a proper format and then "replay" these trades with the help of "Statements processor" (see details here: http://www.forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5). So you'll get trades appearing on your charts and you can apply different exit strategies to the same trades set then you can compare results.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

gendonp

#3 Postby gendonp » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 am

Yes, that's correct. I have entry strategy and I would like to find the optimum exit strategy. I've already test exit using trailing stop, defined target point and last x candles high or low.

Thanks for your suggestion.

wowzers

Re:

#4 Postby wowzers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:39 pm

FT Support wrote:Hello, is it correct that you plan to test only exit strategy and you do not need to test enter strategy?
if yes then you can prepare a set of trades, save it in a proper format and then "replay" these trades with the help of "Statements processor" (see details here: viewtopic.php?t=5). So you'll get trades appearing on your charts and you can apply different exit strategies to the same trades set then you can compare results.

This is exactly what I am looking for!

Can you explain step by step how to do what you just mentioned?

Thanks!

FX Helper

Re: Exit the trade on the close of next 3 bars

#5 Postby FX Helper » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:37 am

Hello,

Forex Tester 3 doesn't have a Statement processor so it can be done only in the FT2.

Please do the following to import your statement:
1) Save a statement in the Forex Tester 2 when you finish your testing (right-click on the account history in “Account History” tab and select "Export history" option -> Export to a csv/text file), you will get a text file with trades.
Then open this text file, delete first string, edit it and save the file.
2) Enable strategy execution and open strategies list via Tools -> Strategies list menu.
3) Double click on "Statement processor" strategy
4) Select your statement (previously saved text file).
5) enable "Statement processor" strategy in the list of strategies
6) Start a new test from appropriate date and Forex Tester will open these orders from the statement automatically. So all these orders will be opened automatically and you can also open new orders for other pairs manually.
So you will be able to start a new test, load the file into Statement processor, start a test at any speed, statement processor will open all these orders at appropriate price and date.

To import the statement from MT4 please right-click on the Account History tab -> Save as Report.
Then import this file via the Statement Processor and select "Meta Trader 4 Statement" type when selecting a file.

Return to “FT API”