CreateIndicator() question

How to create strategies and indicators
dackjaniels

CreateIndicator() question

#1 Postby dackjaniels » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi,
I am attempting to create my first strategy (in Delphi).

I understand that the CreateIndicator() function requires certain parameters, such as:

IndCustomIndicator := CreateIndicator('EURJPY', 5, 'CustomIndicator', 'param1;param2;param3;etc.');

My question is this....

What part of the indicator code specifies what parameters are required when calling the indicator from within a strategy? Is it simply all values for which a RegOption statement was written in the indicator code?

Also, what value should be passed for a boolean? Assuming I wish to set the boolean value to 'TRUE', do I pass the parameter 'TRUE', or 'Yes' or perhaps '1'???

Thanks.

Steve

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: CreateIndicator() question

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 pm

dackjaniels wrote:Hi,
I am attempting to create my first strategy (in Delphi).

I understand that the CreateIndicator() function requires certain parameters, such as:

IndCustomIndicator := CreateIndicator('EURJPY', 5, 'CustomIndicator', 'param1;param2;param3;etc.');

My question is this....

What part of the indicator code specifies what parameters are required when calling the indicator from within a strategy? Is it simply all values for which a RegOption statement was written in the indicator code?

Also, what value should be passed for a boolean? Assuming I wish to set the boolean value to 'TRUE', do I pass the parameter 'TRUE', or 'Yes' or perhaps '1'???

Thanks.

Steve

You need to pass parameters in the same number and order as you can see in indicator options dialog (except styles). Boolean is coded by Yes and No.
Hasta la vista
Mike

dackjaniels

Re: CreateIndicator() question

#3 Postby dackjaniels » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Terranin wrote:You need to pass parameters in the same number and order as you can see in indicator options dialog (except styles). Boolean is coded by Yes and No.

Thanks for the reply Mike. The reason I asked was FT2 kept freezing on the splash screen every time I added my new strategy to the strategies folder.

Turns out I was compiling both indicators and strategies against the technicalfunctions.pas file from Examples/Indicators. I never realised there is a different technicalfunctions.pas file for compiling strategies.

I have now created separate folders for the indicator and strategy Delphi projects, each with the appropriate .pas files and it seems to work fine.

Thanks again,
Steve

Return to “FT API”