Run strategies in batch mode

How to create strategies and indicators
plasmapelz

Run strategies in batch mode

#1 Postby plasmapelz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Mike,

Is it possible to run a strategy in batch mode - without the graphical display option - and to return certain statistics?
In particular I am looking for a way to access Forex Tester from a program outside and have an API to run a certain strategy, e.g.:

stObj = FTRunStrategy('strategy_name', 'pair', 'timeframe', 'range') //etc.
stObj.getProfitFactor();
stObj.getPLProbability();

and so on. This would be cool... but running a stategy in FT on the command line would also be helpful:

forextester -runstrategy 'name' ... -out file.txt

Is that possible?

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Run strategies in batch mode

#2 Postby Terranin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:23 pm

plasmapelz wrote:Hi Mike,

Is it possible to run a strategy in batch mode - without the graphical display option - and to return certain statistics?
In particular I am looking for a way to access Forex Tester from a program outside and have an API to run a certain strategy, e.g.:

stObj = FTRunStrategy('strategy_name', 'pair', 'timeframe', 'range') //etc.
stObj.getProfitFactor();
stObj.getPLProbability();

and so on. This would be cool... but running a stategy in FT on the command line would also be helpful:

forextester -runstrategy 'name' ... -out file.txt

Is that possible?

There is no such option, in version 1 there was a Strategy Optimizer tool that can test strategies changing their parameters and save statistics. I will add this tool to version 2 soon.
Hasta la vista
Mike

plasmapelz

Re: Run strategies in batch mode

#3 Postby plasmapelz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Terranin wrote:There is no such option, in version 1 there was a Strategy Optimizer tool that can test strategies changing their parameters and save statistics. I will add this tool to version 2 soon.

Thanks... In my case I'd like to run external optimization routines from Matlab, from which I could access FT over ActiveX or a dll interface. But it is not seriously important to me right now.

Anyway it seems that in 2.0 it is still not possible to move the data and statistics windows, which would be more important to me (I'd like to have the data window on the right side of the chart, to fully see my statistics during test mode). The data window is a great help, btw :)!

Return to “FT API”