Problem with my indicator

How to create strategies and indicators
PiPtHiEf

Problem with my indicator

#1 Postby PiPtHiEf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 pm

I am working in an indicator that will draw RSI and AC together in the same window. Everything seems to be fine except that RSI does not draw along with AC. Attached is my code. I would appreciate if someone could take a quick look at it and give some advice. I am new to Delphi. I have also try adding another procedure called "Calculate2" but that did not work either.

Thank You in advance
Attachments
ArgentaFXv2.rar
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
Don't compare your results to those of others, but to those of your highest potential.

-Personal

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with my indicator

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:40 am

PiPtHiEf wrote:I am working in an indicator that will draw RSI and AC together in the same window. Everything seems to be fine except that RSI does not draw along with AC. Attached is my code. I would appreciate if someone could take a quick look at it and give some advice. I am new to Delphi. I have also try adding another procedure called "Calculate2" but that did not work either.

Thank You in advance

I did not see your code, but I guess it could be difference in values range of those indicators. Anyway, in October I think will be second version of ForexTester ready where will be implemented feature of many indicators in the same window, so you do not need to create your own.
Hasta la vista
Mike

PiPtHiEf

#3 Postby PiPtHiEf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Thank you Mike for your response and everthyng you do to support us. I am really looking forward to the next release. The reason I decided to code this indicator is the same reason I coded one for MT4. When you throw RSI and AC together in metatrader, you have the problem with the scales. As the chart moves forward in time, the 0 level of AC moves up and down depending on the AC value. In my indicator I need AC 0 level to always coincide with RSI 50 level. In MT4 this is easy to correct by setting max and min levels for AC. I am not sure how that is going to play out in FT v2, so I am getting ready just in case. If you have a chance, please look at my code. I am sure is something simple but I am not all that familiar with delphi.

Thank you
Don't compare your results to those of others, but to those of your highest potential.

-Personal

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with my indicator

#4 Postby Terranin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am

PiPtHiEf wrote:I am working in an indicator that will draw RSI and AC together in the same window. Everything seems to be fine except that RSI does not draw along with AC. Attached is my code. I would appreciate if someone could take a quick look at it and give some advice. I am new to Delphi. I have also try adding another procedure called "Calculate2" but that did not work either.

Thank You in advance
Attachments
ArgentaFXv2.zip
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 776 times
Hasta la vista

Mike

PiPtHiEf

#5 Postby PiPtHiEf » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Oohhh.... I .... oh....awesome...got it!!! I see what you did.... :wink:

Thank You sooo much...

-Personal

Return to “FT API”