volume data issue

Sources of data to import to the program
Mr.Gekko

volume data issue

#1 Postby Mr.Gekko » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:06 am

Hello,

I tried to import DAX data fom file, but it somehow shows incorrect volume data.
As you see in the attached, it picks up the right data from the right column, but when I add the volume indicator, it shows volume only between 0 and 4. In the imported file it is between 1 and 5000.
FT2 issue.jpg
FT2 issue.jpg (292.32 KiB) Viewed 18044 times

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.

FX Helper

Re: volume data issue

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 am

Hello,

Do you have this issue in Testing Mode only?

Probably, you’ve generated ticks “by Open/High/Low/Close points” and that’s why you have such volumes in Testing Mode.

Please use “Generate randomly by real volume” option in “Generate tick data” window in Data Center (please see the screenshot). This should resolve your problem.

Please note that Forex Tester doesn't work with volumes > 1000 per one bar because it's too bulky to calculate such big volumes for each bar.
So we can recommend you to decrease volumes which are bigger than 999.

Mr.Gekko

Re: volume data issue

#3 Postby Mr.Gekko » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:12 am

It works. Thank you for your help!

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Do you have this issue in Testing Mode only?

Probably, you’ve generated ticks “by Open/High/Low/Close points” and that’s why you have such volumes in Testing Mode.

Please use “Generate randomly by real volume” option in “Generate tick data” window in Data Center (please see the screenshot). This should resolve your problem.

Please note that Forex Tester doesn't work with volumes > 1000 per one bar because it's too bulky to calculate such big volumes for each bar.
So we can recommend you to decrease volumes which are bigger than 999.

Return to “Data sources”