Strategy Optimizer and Metatrader

Sources of data to import to the program
kreisel

Strategy Optimizer and Metatrader

#1 Postby kreisel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi!
Before buying ForexTester and paying for converting my Expert Advisers from MQL to Delphi/C++ I want to know if the Strategy Optimizer of FT is really the better alternative to the one of Metatrader (4). I know I can test with FT in Tick-mode. But there are other aspects I want to look at.

-Testing with MT4-Optimizer in M1-Timeframe with about 300.000 possibilities needs 3 weeks to finish. So I would like to know if Forex Tester works faster or needs even much more time than MT4.
-Is the number of possibilites, I can test at once, restricted?
-With MT4 I can optimize several strategies at once with several installations. So, if for FT only one installation in one computer is allowed, is it possible to optimize several strategies at once, too?

About historical data:
I want to buy data of specific broker. If I want to use this data e.a. for Metatrader, is it necessary to buy FT for downloading?

Thank You very much for responding!

FX Helper

Re: Strategy Optimizer and Metatrader

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:44 am

Hello,

With help of Strategy optimizer you can quickly test your strategy with different parameters so you can find the best parameters for your strategy. You can find Strategy Optimizer n Tools -> Start Strategy Optimizer menu.
To see how to use Strategy Optimizer please follow this link: http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=917

There you will find an instruction how to use it.

Testing with help of Strategy Optimizer is much faster than testing in MT4 so you will perform back testing much faster.
You can downlaod and install demo version of Forex Tester and run Strategy Optimizer with built-in SimpleSMA startegy to see how it works.

You can install Forex Tester in many folders and launch many instances of Forex Tester on one computer. So you can also use many instances of Foerx Tester to test your strategies.

We provide one minute and tick historical data for ~30 currency pairs from 9 brokers in our Paid Data Service (please read about Data Service here: http://www.forextester.com/HistoryServi ... ption.html).
You can see the full list of provided historical data here: http://www.forextester.com/data/FullDataList.html).

Also we provide the program which allows to download historical data from Data Service in text files.

You can download it here: http://livetickdata.com/Files/DataClient_Setup.exe

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

kreisel

#3 Postby kreisel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank You, this is very helpful. I´m checking the test version, it looks very interessant.

Testing Expert Advisers with FT, is it better they are in C++ or Delphi?
Do You have a specific service for converting MQL or I just should search this in internet? Or do You have any other idea how to do this?
(You should make a cooperation with e.a. Etasoft Inc., the developers of "ExpertAdvisorGenerator", to implement a module that can release the strategies directly in C++/Delphi).

Thanks!

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:40 am

Hello,

You can use them in C++ or Delphi, they will work the same.

Yes, we have a programmer who can convert MQL indicators/strategies into Forex Tester format. Please contact him via email services@forextester.com

pmpa200712

#5 Postby pmpa200712 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello,

I can convert to FT yours mq4 estrategies. Send me a message.

Return to “Data sources”