Would like to replay current data, Any way possible?

Sources of data to import to the program
wowzers

Would like to replay current data, Any way possible?

#1 Postby wowzers » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 am

Hi, I would like to replay current data (Last few hours) is there any way possible to do this. Can one make an app that takes data from mt4 and somehow feeds it into FT2? Doing it manually is a pain and only daily data updates are offered by FT2.

FX Helper

Re: Would like to replay current data, Any way possible?

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

Hello,

We provide historical data from 9 brokers for ~30 symbols in our Paid Data Service (you can read about Data Service here: http://www.forextester.com/HistoryServi ... ption.html). You can review the full list of provided data here: http://www.forextester.com/data/FullDataList.html
Provided historical data are updated every day. So you can test yesterday’s data every day.

wowzers

#3 Postby wowzers » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi, I already looked into that but as I mentioned I would like to play last few hours of data (0-5 hours). So the data subscription wont help me. Do you have any other suggestions?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:18 am

Hello,

We don't have such built-in functionality. Maybe someone can create a tool which will collect data and import these data into Forex Tester.

wowzers

#5 Postby wowzers » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

We don't have such built-in functionality. Maybe someone can create a tool which will collect data and import these data into Forex Tester.

Hi as your familiar with FT2, do you have any suggestions on how this would be done?

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 am

Hello,

You need some "data collector" software which will collect historical data from MT4 terminals. And then you will be able to import these data into Forex Tester.

Or if you know some source of recent historical data you can import these data into Forex Tester using "Import from a file" button.

wowzers

#7 Postby wowzers » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:22 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

You need some "data collector" software which will collect historical data from MT4 terminals. And then you will be able to import these data into Forex Tester.

Or if you know some source of recent historical data you can import these data into Forex Tester using "Import from a file" button.

Hi, you say: .......need some "data collector" software (which can be done) and then you'll need to be able to import these data into Forex Tester. Does FT2 have the capability (API or something) whereby I can automate the data import or will it have to be done the slow manual way?

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 am

Hello,

No, Foresx Tester doesn't have such API which allows to import data automatically.

Return to “Data sources”