Problem with Graphics EURUSD M1 OHLC

Sources of data to import to the program
fabianmk

Problem with Graphics EURUSD M1 OHLC

#1 Postby fabianmk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Hello!!! I need to backtest with M1 data from the EURUSD pair. But when I create the Project I have tried to get to work, I see the picture of candles in
image2.png
image2.png (43.6 KiB) Viewed 20423 times
image1.png
image1.png (48.07 KiB) Viewed 20423 times
image3.png
image3.png (42.66 KiB) Viewed 20423 times
, I have controlled the OHLC from M1 and this presents inconsistencies that are not entirely correct. I have tried with 2016, 2015, 2017 etc.
Also delete the History and re-download, presenting the same problem.
I have tried to download the Historico file (Text Format) that you offer on your website, without positive results.
What can I do to correct it ??? I have the Forexite Basic Data Service, you inform that they provide true OHLC data in M1. My version of Forex Tester 3 Version: 3.2.0.47 (2017.12.15) and I have it registered in my name.
Thank You.
Fabian

FX Helper

Re: Problem with Graphics EURUSD M1 OHLC

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:19 am

Hello,

Probably you have this issue because you are testing free historical data that we provide with the program.

Free data are 4-digit data and don’t have any volumes so the volatility of these 4-digit data will not be enough for 1M, 5M timeframes and sometimes you even can see the lines instead of candles on 1M timeframe.

For example, the price changes from 1.40000 till 1.40009 during 1 minute candle but 4 data will show 1.4000 price for this whole minute only.

In addition, free data are provided without volumes, while paid data are provided with real tick volumes.

In Paid Data Service we provide 1-minute data 5-digit for 118 symbols with real volumes (Standard Subscription) and real tick data with Bid and Ask prices (VIP Subscription).
These data have better quality and we recommend to use them for more precise testing.

So if you want to test historical data on 1M-5M timeframes in our program we can recommend you to subscribe to our paid data service or import historical data from your own source into the program and use them during testing.

You can read more info and find the full list of provided symbols in the table on this page:
http://www.forextester.com/HistoryServi ... item-table

fabianmk

Re: Problem with Graphics EURUSD M1 OHLC

#3 Postby fabianmk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 am

Thank You!!!! Yes is problem is 4 digits. This is resolved. Thank!!

Return to “Data sources”