Merging Different Brokers Data with Different Decimal

Sources of data to import to the program
bhk

Merging Different Brokers Data with Different Decimal

#1 Postby bhk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:40 am

Is it possible to compensate missing latest period data with another broker data.

I need much earlier year 2006 (min/tick) but its end on 2014 which I have identified available from ECN Feed.

Thereafter can I download both (min/tick) data from Forex.com (which start from 2010 to latest today) with the same Symbol (EURNZD) by just changing the Broker source from ECN Feed to Forex.com.

Under the option "Data Range" do I select "Download new history..." or "Download part of history"?

When I select Forex.com, it prompt a warning this source offered only 4 decimal digit, will it be fine if I just ignored and merge.

Is there anything I must take note with this different decimal data source?

FX Helper

Re: Merging Different Brokers Data with Different Decimal

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:06 am

Hello,

Yes, you can combine data from different brokers.
You can select an "Download new history..." option when you choose another broker, if you will perform downloading in that order that you described:
First - from ECN Feed with data range 2006.01.03-2014.12.31 Next - from Forex.com 2015.01.02 - 2018.01.03 You can ignore warning message, and after downloading data from Forex.com for EURNZD, you need to go to the chart settings for currency pair and manually set up the value of the field "Digits after point" to the 5.

bhk

Re: Merging Different Brokers Data with Different Decimal

#3 Postby bhk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you.. I got it now.

Return to “Data sources”