Modify/Close Position/Delete Pending Order - Grayed Out

Bug reports and errors in the program
coolwhip68

Modify/Close Position/Delete Pending Order - Grayed Out

#1 Postby coolwhip68 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Mike

The following functions on the ORDER menu on my Forex Tester program are grayed-out and do not allow me to use them while in Testing mode:

Modify Order
Close Position
Delete Pending Order

Is there a fix of for this? Thanks!
Rich

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Modify/Close Position/Delete Pending Order - Grayed Out

#2 Postby Terranin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:42 am

coolwhip68 wrote:Hi Mike

The following functions on the ORDER menu on my Forex Tester program are grayed-out and do not allow me to use them while in Testing mode:

Modify Order
Close Position
Delete Pending Order

Is there a fix of for this? Thanks!

To make them not grayed you should select trade position first in the Open positions or Pending orders. After you choose position you can modify/close/delete it.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Matthew

#3 Postby Matthew » Wed May 16, 2007 11:05 am

I'm having the same problem. I can get to the open positions page, but my order is not listed there, actually no orders are listed there. Any ideas?

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 am

Matthew wrote:I'm having the same problem. I can get to the open positions page, but my order is not listed there, actually no orders are listed there. Any ideas?

If you placed pending orders they are on the separate page "Pending orders".
Hasta la vista

Mike

Matthew

#5 Postby Matthew » Wed May 16, 2007 11:27 am

I can place a pending order by clicking the box with the small "p" in it. after the pending order becomes an active order I can find no way to make the modify button active. is there a keyboard shortcut, or an item in the menu I need to look at to select the order?

Could some features still be locked from the registration process? (my product is registered)

Thanks for the help

Terranin
Site Admin

#6 Postby Terranin » Wed May 16, 2007 11:37 am

Matthew wrote:I can place a pending order by clicking the box with the small "p" in it. after the pending order becomes an active order I can find no way to make the modify button active. is there a keyboard shortcut, or an item in the menu I need to look at to select the order?

Could some features still be locked from the registration process? (my product is registered)

Thanks for the help

There is no registration limitations about this.
Can you send us a screenshot of your problem?

Also you can open modification window with double mouse click on the order in "Pending orders" list. Or by pressing right mouse button on it and choosing "Modify order".
Hasta la vista

Mike

Matthew

#7 Postby Matthew » Wed May 16, 2007 4:58 pm

OK, I got it now. I didn't have the bottom panel open. So that's where I select my trade.... :oops:

on a side note: is there any way to show the open/close/high/low for a specific bar while testing? this would be helpful at times.

Terranin
Site Admin

#8 Postby Terranin » Thu May 17, 2007 5:17 am

Matthew wrote:OK, I got it now. I didn't have the bottom panel open. So that's where I select my trade.... :oops:

on a side note: is there any way to show the open/close/high/low for a specific bar while testing? this would be helpful at times.

Yes, there is such a feature. When you move mouse over bars you can see their parameters at the right bottom corner of the program screen (Status bar). For more precise positioning you can set crosschair mode.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “Bug reports”