timeframes bigger than monthly not working

Bug reports and errors in the program
panoramia

timeframes bigger than monthly not working

#1 Postby panoramia » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:04 am

Dear Sirs,

I'm trying to add timeframes bigger than the Monthly chart but I can't manage to make it work.

There is a timeframe option that allows us to add number of minutes and create new charts, it's supposed to work but when I add the 3 months chart, 129600 minutes, that 3 months chart won't be displayed. In fact, the monthly and lower timeframes charts will stop displaying the right candles and I will need to remove the new timeframe and close forex tester.

I guess this function is not working, or am I doing something wrong? Any plan to fix this bug? I would love to have 3 and 6 months charts on Forex Tester.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Alfonso
Attachments
3months.png
timeframe selector
3months.png (27.75 KiB) Viewed 7111 times

FX Helper

Re: timeframes bigger than monthly not working

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:00 am

Hello,

You need to click "Add timeframe" in this window. Then enter the number of minutes (129600). Then click "Apply" button. Forex Tester will add this timeframe and recalculate bars for this timeframe.
Then you will be able to see this timeframe in the list, it will be caleed "90 days".

Please let me know if you still have this issue.

panoramia

#3 Postby panoramia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 am

That's what I exactly did a few times and the reason why I wrote this post, it doesnt work and it will break the candle formation of lower timeframes as I explained in my initial post :(

Looks like this function is not working.

Alfonso

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:48 am

Hello,

Hmm, after I added 129600 and clicked "Apply" button it works for me (please see the screenshots).
What version of Forex Tester 2 do you have? You can find it in Help -> About program menu.
Please try to download Forex Tester from our site: http://www.forextester.com/download and install into another folder (for example, C:\ForexTester2New), then try to add new timeframe there.

If you still have this issue, please contact me by email support@forextester.com
I can connect to your computer via TeamViewer, for example, and try to fix this issue.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (11.36 KiB) Viewed 7088 times
1.png
1.png (19.47 KiB) Viewed 7088 times

panoramia

#5 Postby panoramia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Hello Mike,

That's exactly what I did and it doesn't work.

I've created a small 3 minutes video where you will see what happens.

The new 90 days chart will display the Monthly chart and if on that new chart window I select Monthly it will display Weekly instead :(

This is the video: http://screencast.com/t/MhYm2k4KKLb

Looking foward to your answer, as you will see in the video, the custom timeframe creation does not work correctly.

Best regards,
Alfonso

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am

Hello,

I've answered you by email, please check.

Return to “Bug reports”