No Data error

Bug reports and errors in the program
Jim57

No Data error

#1 Postby Jim57 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 am

I have downloaded data in the Data Center, generated ticks.

The chart looks fine in the History Mode, but when I open the same chart in Testing Mode I get no candles just the message "NO DATA (Start new test)"

Why is there no data?

Also, I can see no option anywhere to "Start new test" - what does it therefore mean?

Thank you.

FX Helper

Re: No Data error

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am

Hello,

It is ok that Forex Tester shows “No Data” in Testing Mode. It is just the result of the previous test but if you did not do any test before on some currency pairs it will show “No Data”.
You just need to start a new test to replace “No Data” message with quotes. Do not forget to unpause the testing.

But if you started a test and the chart is still empty then probably you have different data periods for different symbols. For example, you may have data for AUDUSD starting from 01.01.2001 and data for GBPUSD starting from 01.01.2002, in this case when you start a test GBPUSD chart will be empty until the testing date reaches 01.01.2002.

So please start a test from the date where you have data for all pairs or please import more data in Data Center and re-generate ticks.

Let us know if you still have problems with this.

Jim57

#3 Postby Jim57 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:12 am

Thank you. I sorted it out and it worked.

Much appreciated.

ps My big problem now with Forextester is the lack of indices etc available from yourselves, for simple downloading and using easily in FT2, without messing around. Most brokers seem to offer a choice of all kinds of nice instruments now, other than forex. Hope you can catch up with the times!! ;-) Thanks again!

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:05 am

You can find all data which we provide in our Data Service here:
http://www.forextester.com/data/FullDataList.html

If you have data from your own source you can import these data using "Import from a file" button in Data Center and you will be able to use them in testing.

Return to “Bug reports”