Problem getting pairs to show up in Testing Mode

Bug reports and errors in the program
dusktrader

Problem getting pairs to show up in Testing Mode

#1 Postby dusktrader » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am

I'm running version 2.9.3 and I'm having a problem getting all my pairs to show up in the test mode.

At first I thought perhaps the data was corrupt, so I renamed my \data folder and restarted. I see that Forex Tester recreated all the subdirectories which is great.

I then proceeded to create from scratch all 6 pairs that I want to test. I downloaded all the Forexite data using all defaults. Then after each download I created tickdata using all defaults.

All pairs appear in the Data center and seem correct (see screenshot).

However, as soon as I go to Test Mode, I can only see one pair available.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'd like to test all 6 pairs simultaneously. Is there an easy fix?

THANKS
Attachments
Data center.png
Data center.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 10130 times
Testing mode.png
Testing mode.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 10130 times

dusktrader

#2 Postby dusktrader » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:38 am

Aha! I think I figured this out. Not sure if it's a bug, but might be:

It seems that when you go to Testing Mode, it will only give you the pairs that you LAST generated ticks for. Since I rebuilt all the pairs meticulously, I did each one individually. That's why it only gave me the last pair that I generated ticks for.

To fix the issue, I went back to History Mode -> Generate ticks, and then you have to choose SELECT ALL and do them all at once. That causes them all to appear in the Test Mode.

Whew!

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. Now all the pairs show up, but only the first pair seems to be usable. All the rest say "NO DATA"... I seem to recall reading something about this issue, so I'll hunt around a bit in the forum.

EDIT2: Ok, my bad! You have to press "Start Test" for it to show all the other charts data. It even tells you that on the "NO DATA" message LOL. So I think I'm good... but the original description of the problem (at top) may still represent a bug. THANKS FOR THIS SOFTWARE!!

FT Support

#3 Postby FT Support » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:32 am

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

This is not a bug. Forex Tester erases all previously generated ticks when you start a new tick generation.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Return to “Bug reports”