Running ForexTester on Mac via Crossover

Bug reports and errors in the program
nikki25

Running ForexTester on Mac via Crossover

#1 Postby nikki25 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:15 am

Hi all,

I hope someone here can help :)

I have just reinstalled FT on Mac via Crossover. At first everything seemed to go well, the program started very smoothly and I could run a test in the testing mode that went perfectly well.

However, when I tried to update the data from the data center, the program freezed and gave me a "can not download data from server" message.
I then tried to import the data manually and received a "can not import data" error.

I have no clue on how to solve this issue. Is someone here running FT on Mac via an emulated windows?
I should add that MT4 is running perfectly well on this installation. I expected the same from FT but that's not the case....

Thank you for your help.

Nikki
[/img]
Attachments
screenshot57.jpg
screenshot57.jpg (125.99 KiB) Viewed 15200 times
screenshot56.jpg
screenshot56.jpg (189.97 KiB) Viewed 15200 times

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 am

Please make sure that there are no access restrictions for the folder where Forex Tester is installed. For example in Windows Vista/7/8 you may get problems if you install the program into "Program Files" folder.

Maybe you need to reinstall Forex Tester into another folder.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

nikki25

#3 Postby nikki25 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:29 pm

The program is installed in its own default folder C:\ForexTester2. But as mentioned before, this is a Crossover installation, ie an emulated windows. Crossover is a commercial version of Wine. If you have any info on how to run FT2 with Wine maybe that could help?
Thank you

Cagatey01

Re: Running ForexTester on Mac via Crossover

#4 Postby Cagatey01 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 am

EDIT2: Ok, my bad! You have to press "Start Test" for it to show all the other charts data. It even tells you that on the "NO DATA" message LOL. So I think I'm good... but the original description of the problem (at top) may still represent a bug. THANKS FOR THIS SOFTWARE!!

Our excellent online 640-760 dumps training programs Testking lead you to success in the sckans We also offer latest www.mica.edu and Nova Southeastern University with 100% success Quincy University Our Southwestern College is rare in IT world.

Return to “Bug reports”