mucho problems with crashes

Bug reports and errors in the program
and123

mucho problems with crashes

#1 Postby and123 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm

can you change templates or make new templates in Testing mode? I am having problems with constant program crashes. I wonder if this it the problem.

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 am

Yes, you can change templates in Testing mode.

Can you please add more details about your problem?

When exactly does the program crash? what concrete error message do you see?
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

and123

#3 Postby and123 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:59 am

I can't quite remember right now... I think the error message says something like, the program has experienced and error and has to close. Actually asks me if I want to continue or close, but if I continue it just crashes again. I haven't seen this error with any other program in the PC, but I also don't use the PC for much other than trading. I do a lot more (in terms of number of charts, amount of history, etc) with metatrader on the PC with no problems. This is the 2nd or 3rd install of Forex Tester, and when I do a reinstall I do take out the previous versions. I did the reinstalls due to the error problems, so it isn't just this install of it.
I have had a lot less of the problem for this last week by not trying to make templates in testing mode. Maybe it was because I am using quite a lot of indicators. I use a few MAs, a MACD, but also use a few of the Timebox indicators so that I can see colored background for 5 different times a day.... so that is 5 boxes. Maybe that is what is creating the problem. I only loaded history for 2 charts: 1 or 2 years of history and one year of tics. I had up 2 charts when in testing mode. My background is black, but I did use some custom colors on the indicators, so that is another suspect I would think.

and123

#4 Postby and123 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Today , Saturday, I am trying to move the period separator back one hour, in the DAta Center (in history mode). I put the Shift Time back one hour so it said -1. My understanding from your website is that Forex Tester can be used on the weekends.
It gives me a window that says that the indicators will have to recalculated, so I click on yes, and pretty soon in mid progress, the program crashed again, producing the same error. I tried this 3 times with the same result twice. The third time the whole program froze so I had to shut down the computer as even CntAltDel didn't work.
After restarting my computer I was able to get the shift time in the data center to work for one pair.. When I tried it on a different pair, it crashed the program again. So this has been my experience. I generally use Metatrader strategy tester when I can these days because I encounter so many headaches with Forex Tester that I hesitate to use it, as even when I finally get it working, it has wasted a lot of my time with crashes.
My experience is that this program is extremely unstable or finicky. As I said i have no problems with any other program in this computer including metatrader and Lightroom (which is quite resource intensive I would think). Also this is the 3rd time I have taken reinstalled Forex Tester after uninstalling it.
By the way, I am using Windows 7.
thanks for your input.
Any ideas?

FxMax

#5 Postby FxMax » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 am

and123 wrote:Today , Saturday, I am trying to move the period separator back one hour, in the DAta Center (in history mode). I put the Shift Time back one hour so it said -1. My understanding from your website is that Forex Tester can be used on the weekends.
It gives me a window that says that the indicators will have to recalculated, so I click on yes, and pretty soon in mid progress, the program crashed again, producing the same error. I tried this 3 times with the same result twice. The third time the whole program froze so I had to shut down the computer as even CntAltDel didn't work.
After restarting my computer I was able to get the shift time in the data center to work for one pair.. When I tried it on a different pair, it crashed the program again. So this has been my experience. I generally use Metatrader strategy tester when I can these days because I encounter so many headaches with Forex Tester that I hesitate to use it, as even when I finally get it working, it has wasted a lot of my time with crashes.
My experience is that this program is extremely unstable or finicky. As I said i have no problems with any other program in this computer including metatrader and Lightroom (which is quite resource intensive I would think). Also this is the 3rd time I have taken reinstalled Forex Tester after uninstalling it.
By the way, I am using Windows 7.
thanks for your input.
Any ideas?

Hello,
Can you please give us some concrete details regarding the errors that you have?
actually all that we know it that you get "some error" from time to time. and we do not know the error message, etc...
Forex Tester is not very buggy actually and it works pretty stable for me any many other traders but you know, nothing is perfect and sometimes errors can arise.

anyway please give us more details about your issue and I hope that we can help

and123

#6 Postby and123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 am

OK I did have a crash last night when I tried to put on an indicator while in testing mode on pause. It was iSessions.. I think I got here on this forum. So I restarted and went into history mode, deleted all my charts, put it on there, went into testing mode and made a new chart and started a new session (not a continuing one) and then it worked.
Ill make a screenshot of the error message next time it happens. ITs just a little window that says the program has crashed, and it gives me the choice of shutting down the program, or continuing, and offers to send a bug report. Which I did do one time.
Thanks.... maybe the program is corrupt and needs to reinstalled? Or perhaps an indicator is corrupt.. or a template. I know that can happen with metatrader so maybe that is the problem here. I would note though, that my problem with putting on indicators in testing mode was with a different indicator last time I think, and also that I had problems simply saving a template. Also there were problems like I said in a whole different function, when I used the data center to shift time without actually reinstalling data. When I did it with a data reinstall, then it worked.
Perhaps I should just reinstall the program...
thanks
andrea

FxMax

#7 Postby FxMax » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am

maybe that custom indicator witch you used has errors, or you are correct and some program files were corrupted and you really need to reinstall the program. Try to install program to another folder

Return to “Bug reports”