The tester doesn't update the balance window

Bug reports and errors in the program
vchm

The tester doesn't update the balance window

#1 Postby vchm » Sat May 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Journal shows hundreds and sometimes thousands of orders with profits and losses, all graphs proress showin the sells, buys and so on but the balance, equity, drawdown and margin remain all constant without any deviations. After the end of tests I don't get any results unless I've calculated myself it under way.

May Be I'm doing something in the wrong way?

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Mon May 23, 2011 4:04 am

Hello,

Can you give us more info on this?

where do you check the balance, equity, drawdown and margin?
did you check "Profit chart"?
did you check "Stats tab" on the "Market Info" window?
can you send us screenshots?
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

vchm

More info

#3 Postby vchm » Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 am

Of curse I've checked everything. I've a feeling that the updating of the window stops in case of the tick data corruption. The debug output I've inserted in the programm shows that the tick processing entry continues being called by the FT, the orders are being opened and closed without any error but the chart is not updated. What you need is
1. The really transaction based database behind the software to avoid "half completed" tick data updates.
2. The way to remove the data REALLY completely so that the reload of the ticks can improve the situation which is not the case now. Only the reinstall has helped
3. Some sort of "data sanity" check and indicator for the user

I've some conceptual questions. Why is this necessary to generate the ticks even if I've downloaded it as the part of my VIP subscription?
If I start "fast tests" WITHOUT activating any strategy it takes plenty of time. Why? WHat can I do to accelerate it? I've needed 8 hours for 4 trading days with the strategy which is very fast in MT4. I'm working with the top model of MAC Pro. I understand that if I generate the ticks for all pairs I'm getting the strategy called roughly 20 times more often than in MT4 but the time consumtion is still to high. I've compiled it to the native code in your case and am running it in a virtual machine in case of MT4.

Thank you

FT Support

#4 Postby FT Support » Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 am

Hello,

You need to generate ticks to prepare data for testing. This functionality is necessary because you may have too many data imported but only a part of these data should be used for testing at some point of time.

If you have real tick data then "generating ticks" just prepares data for testing (converts downloaded data into the proper format).

Please try the following:

1) Generate ticks for 1 pair only
2) Close all charts in Testing mode
3) Open only 1 chart without any indicators on it
4) Start a new test

does it work faster in this case?
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Return to “Bug reports”