Displaced/Non Centered Glitchy Ray Drawing Tool

Bug reports and errors in the program
SpartanWolfPG

Displaced/Non Centered Glitchy Ray Drawing Tool

#1 Postby SpartanWolfPG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi,

When I try to draw Support and Resistance lines using Ray drawing tool, the point is not centred to the cursor. As I move the cursor around the chart the point un-centres at will preventing me from placing the point where I like. I've provided an image for further clarity (Red circle is where the point is, the Blue circle is where my cursor is). It's extremely frustrating and actually preventing me from using the software to test strategies. I re-installed my PC fully and the software also to see if it made a difference and seemed to be sorted but it's only been a day and the bug is re-occurring.
Attachments
Ray Bug FT3.jpg
Ray Bug FT3.jpg (278.76 KiB) Viewed 22074 times

FX Helper

Re: Displaced/Non Centered Glitchy Ray Drawing Tool

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 am

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Do you use any other software that can interfere and move the cursor or change the screen resolution somehow?
It seems that the program can't detect the screen coordinates correctly or something changes them.

Please try to right-click in the chart -> Chart settings. Then switch to "All charts" tab and increase the value of "Magnet sensitivity to bars" field, for example, set 20 there.
In this case the ray end should be attached to the end of the candle when you hover your mouse cursor near to it.
Also please check that the "Magnet" button is enabled on a toolbar (the most right button on a toolbar).
I hope this option will help you.

SpartanWolfPG

#3 Postby SpartanWolfPG » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi,

No that hasn't fixed it. I attempted to change the Magnet Sensitivity number to 20 but still the same result. I attempted altering the value for Magnet Sensitivity to Lines but again no change. The magnet is enabled in the toolbar also. I attempted to disable the magnet and then draw the ray but again the same result. I have no other software open that could be interfering with FT3.

I have just remembered that FT3 had crashed before and that this problem only started once I restarted the software, so the problem could potentially have something to do with the crash. I did re-install the software before which solved the issue but it's not exactly a viable option to keep re-installing the software if it crashes once and causes problems. Do you have any further possible solutions?

Thankyou

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 am

Hello,

Please try to reinstall the program into another folder (C:\ForexTester3_New), this will help if the problem is in the corrupted program files.

In addition, please always launch the software as administrator (right-click -> run as administrator), this can help too.

sunnyod

#5 Postby sunnyod » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 am

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem with the Ray tool. On occasion it prevents me from being able to lock onto the candle directly under the cursor. It appears to try to lock onto candles to the far left or far right of the screen, i.e. it's almost like the candles in the middle of the chart don't exist.

SpartanWolfPG

#6 Postby SpartanWolfPG » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Please try to reinstall the program into another folder (C:\ForexTester3_New), this will help if the problem is in the corrupted program files.

In addition, please always launch the software as administrator (right-click -> run as administrator), this can help too.

I did reinstall previously but as mentioned, I don't think re-installing the program every time this issue happens is a viable solution. Please can you get this looked into as a priority and issue an update to fix the issue. It seems more people are posting in the forums saying they are having this issue too so It seems it is an issue that needs resolving quickly.

Thank you.

FX Helper

#7 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 am

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

The problem is that our programmers/testers can't reproduce this issue on their machine, it seems that something specific needs to happen for this bug to appear.

Can you please write the exact steps of what you did before this error appeared?
This can help us.

They will fix the problem as soon as they reproduce it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SpartanWolfPG

#8 Postby SpartanWolfPG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the update.

The problem is that our programmers/testers can't reproduce this issue on their machine, it seems that something specific needs to happen for this bug to appear.

Can you please write the exact steps of what you did before this error appeared?
This can help us.

They will fix the problem as soon as they reproduce it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

I was just using the software normally. I was trading on a project consisting of two currency pairs EUR/USD and USD/GBP. The chart was moving and then all of a sudden the software and chart froze and a loading (Spinning symbol) appeared and the software showed 'not responding'. I left it a while in case it was just a delay that would correct itself but it did not change for around 10-15 minutes so I closed the software via taskmanager. When I reloaded the software all seemed fine and the project loaded from my previous save. But as I attempted to use the tools and continue test trading the issue occurred. I am using Windows 10 and my PC is an Intel I7 with 6GB ram. I hope this helps.

I understand it would be difficult to recreate but the issue seems to be caused when the software crashes and is reloaded. I'm not a programmer but it could possibly be corrupting a file when the software crashes or possibly something to do with cashed files?

I just really hope this issue can be sorted soon as it is rather frustrating.

FX Helper

#9 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 am

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed info, we will try to load the program by adding indicators/experts and check if this issue happens.

Please try doing the following things to speed up the program and try to fix the issues:
1) Please always launch the program as administrator (right-click on the Forex Tester icon -> run as administrator).
2) Remove all indicators instances that you do not need at the current moment.
For example, you may have 2 MA on 2 timeframes (let’s say on M5 and M15) of one chart. Each of these MA instances will be calculated separately so it is recommended to remove all indicators that you do not need at the current moment and leave the indicators only on the timeframes which you use. In this case our program will need much less time to load the project.
3) Check that no automatic strategies are running at this moment, or just turn off strategy execution ("Testing -> Enable/Disable Strategy execution" menu).
4) Create a new project and use "Generate ticks by OHLC points" option.
5) Maybe some of your data files were corrupted. Try to delete all of the data using “Clear history” button and then download it from Data Center.
6) Please try to decrease the value in the “Tick package size” drop-down menu.

Return to “Bug reports”