Stochastic Indicator is not Accurate

Bug reports and errors in the program
arslanoo

Stochastic Indicator is not Accurate

#1 Postby arslanoo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:25 am

Hi.

I have start using Stochastic indicator on FT2 and notice extreme difference as compared to MT4 Stochastic indicator.

Its calculation is completely inaccurate and this difference can be seen on almost every cycle of the Stochastic.

As you can see on the above image that on many cycles %k and %D are sticked with Top and Bottom ranges of the stochastic.

Please suggest how it can be fixed or share accurate version of stochastic

Regards

arslanoo

Re: Stochastic Indicator is not Accurate

#2 Postby arslanoo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:20 am

Anyone?

arslanoo

#3 Postby arslanoo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 am

?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Sorry, but this is the only version of the Stochastic indicator that we have at the moment.

We will compare our indicator with the MT4 version and fix it if we find an error in the code of our indicator.

arslanoo

#5 Postby arslanoo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:19 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Sorry, but this is the only version of the Stochastic indicator that we have at the moment.

We will compare our indicator with the MT4 version and fix it if we find an error in the code of our indicator.

You can clearly see stochastic is not accurate and it is the most common indicator.

If that is the case then you should mention in the product page that some of FT indicators could be inaccurate so we can look for better options.

Now this software is useless for me because i cannot test my desired strategy

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:22 am

Hello,

Can you please send us the file with historical data that you use in the Forex Tester to us to email support@forextester.com ?

I will compare the indicator values in the program with MT4 indicator so I can reproduce this issue and ask our programmers to fix this indicator.
Thank you.

arslanoo

#7 Postby arslanoo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:45 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Can you please send us the file with historical data that you use in the Forex Tester to us to email support@forextester.com ?

I will compare the indicator values in the program with MT4 indicator so I can reproduce this issue and ask our programmers to fix this indicator.
Thank you.

I am using basic data in Forex tester provided by you (which is updated on monthly basis). I also use data from other source as well but the same problem exists there too.

I am also affiliate for your software and now i am receiving complains about this indicator. You should do something to fix it because it is most common indicator.

I am sending you data from other source as well so you can compare both data with mt4

Regards

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:13 am

Hello,

Please try to change the Close/Close value in the properties of this indicator to Low/High.

This should fix the issue.

Robert100L

#9 Postby Robert100L » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi, I am also having the same issue with the latest version of forex tester 3. Do you mean changing the properties of the indicator to Low/High provide the same result as Close/Close value in MT4? I am confused! Thx

FX Helper

#10 Postby FX Helper » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 am

Hello,

No, selecting Low/High option will give the same results as in MT4, because as far as I know, built-in MT4 Stochastic indicator uses Low/High values.

Return to “Bug reports”