New Project overwrites Old

Bug reports and errors in the program
seattlerust

New Project overwrites Old

#1 Postby seattlerust » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 pm

When I opened the program it automatically opened in EURUSD, the last project used. Then I switched from Testing mode to History mode and loaded data for GBPUSD. Next I generated ticks for GBPUSD and then moved back into Testing Mode. After testing for awhile, I saved the projec, using the Save keyt. The program saved GBPUSD overwriting my EURUSD project and destroying all prior data.

Clearly, I should have used the Save As key. Nevertheless, this is not how a program should function. After leaving Testing Mode and entering History Mode, the program should recognize that an interruption in the trading of the loaded project has occurred and at least popped up an alert asking if I wanted to overwrite the previous project.

I see this as a serious bug that should be fixed asap. Good code design anticipates user errors and prevents them whereever possible, at least providing a warning that a possible error is about to occur.

Thanks
SRT

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: New Project overwrites Old

#2 Postby Terranin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:19 am

seattlerust wrote:When I opened the program it automatically opened in EURUSD, the last project used. Then I switched from Testing mode to History mode and loaded data for GBPUSD. Next I generated ticks for GBPUSD and then moved back into Testing Mode. After testing for awhile, I saved the projec, using the Save keyt. The program saved GBPUSD overwriting my EURUSD project and destroying all prior data.

Clearly, I should have used the Save As key. Nevertheless, this is not how a program should function. After leaving Testing Mode and entering History Mode, the program should recognize that an interruption in the trading of the loaded project has occurred and at least popped up an alert asking if I wanted to overwrite the previous project.

I see this as a serious bug that should be fixed asap. Good code design anticipates user errors and prevents them whereever possible, at least providing a warning that a possible error is about to occur.

Thanks
SRT

Ok, we will fix it in next update. Thanks for your suggestion.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “Bug reports”