Memory leak

Bug reports and errors in the program
breakfastbar

Memory leak

#1 Postby breakfastbar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 am

I'm using Forex Tester 2.5.5 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I've twice used the Import History Data feature to upload historical prices and in both occasions I encountered problems. After the second or fourth data file, Forex Tester started to eat up CPU resources and memory (when seen from Task Manager) to the point where the PC is practically locked up. Exiting from Forex Tester doesn't release the memory.

invictus

Slow performance. Windows 7 (x-86) with example SMA strategy

#2 Postby invictus » Wed May 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Hardware:
Mac Mini (2GB ram, Intel T2300 1.66Ghz processor with two cores) running Windows7 (32 bit) directly on the hardware (no virtualization).

Software:
ForexTester 2.5.5 (partially registered) with the full set of EUR.USD data from FT site. - Running test with Jan 2001 data.

When running any strategy (including the sample "Simple SMA" strategy) on a single currency the performance of the application starts off 'fast' and then become quite slow....

For example, using the included "Simple SMA" and the default data starting Jan 2001 with a time period of 30Min in the strategy and on the GUI by the time the graph gets to around January 10th it takes about 3 seconds between graph bar updates.

(I also managed to get a Forex "Report Bug" dialog running this Simple SMA strategy but could not send in the bug report because I do not have a locally installed mail client and no option to save the bug report.)

I do not see the memory ballooning so I tentatively do not think there is a memory leak.
Attachments
SimpleSMAStrategyUnderWin7x86.jpg
Shows parameters used for built-in example Simple SMA strategy and how the CPU gets pinned.
SimpleSMAStrategyUnderWin7x86.jpg (933.79 KiB) Viewed 6217 times
ForexTesterBugWindow.jpg
Suggested changes:
1) Change "Send bug report" to "Send bug report to ForexTester". - I was not clear if this was going to Microsoft.

2) Allow me to save this data/comments etc to a file (or post to a web page); I could not send this
ForexTesterBugWindow.jpg (151.42 KiB) Viewed 6217 times

Return to “Bug reports”