Weekend affects previously drawn objects

Bug reports and errors in the program
Skipper

Weekend affects previously drawn objects

#1 Postby Skipper » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi,

I have noticed a minor issue with objects such as lines or boxes being pushed back horizontally to the left when you reach the weekend. This only happens if you stretch an object past the point where a weekend would occur ahead of time, though one can always readjust the line or rectangle across a weekend after the candles have gone through the weekend time period.

I have FT3 set to not show weekends so I'm not sure if objects would still have this issue if weekends were shown.

regards,
Skpper

FX Helper

Re: Weekend affects previously drawn objects

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:28 am

Hello,

Please try to create a new project with GMT+2 time zone and try adding lines/shapes again, in this case you shouldn't have any data for weekends.

Does this help?

Skipper

#3 Postby Skipper » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:53 am

I think I may have confused things with my comment about weekend data. I don't have any issues with the weekend data as not showing. It works fine and is shown as as I like it with two close vertical period separators. It shows a couple candles Sunday evening for when the market opens so that's okay. I just mentioned it so you know what my setting is.

The issue is with when I draw a line or box and stretch it past that weekend point into the next week but before the candles have reached that far yet. Then if I continued the test and the candles pass the weekend(shown as two close vertical period separators) into the next week, then FT3 automatically shifts/compresses the length of those lines or boxes back to Friday.

Example: (You'll have to set your chart offset to 10 or 20% so you have some blank space at the right to test this out. Go to a 1hr or 4hr chart and zoom out. Then try to draw a line or box and extend it into the black space of the offset.)

Say I run my simulation up to Thursday. I see a trend developing over the few days so I draw a trend line starting from Tuesday to beyond the last candle into the blank space. So then I continue with the simulation. Now if the end of my line in the black space ends at a point before the weekend, then there isn't a problem. But if the end of my line in the blank space extends into the next week... it will look okay when I draw it. Then if I continue the simulation and we reach the weekend, FT3 will compress the end of the trend line back to the prior Friday. So the line now shows being drawn from Tuesday to Friday instead from from Tuesday into the next week. My chart looks the same as when I used FT2 and FT2 didn't have this issue.

I'm not sure if I explained it well or not.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 am

Hello,

As far as I know, this is not a bug, trend lines work this way if the right end of the line is out of chart and there is no candles. In this case when it happens on the weekends or history holes it could be moved when new candle created.
I can recommend to use rays where 2 base points are inside the chart.

For example, let’s say you place line on the daily chart as you think on the highest point. The time of the end will be rounded today, hour 0, minute 0. Then you go to 15 timeframe and see that it is shifted from its highest value - this is because line end is still on the hour 0, minute 0, but your highest value now has time hour 4, minute 45. If you correct your line and now it has the time value hour 4, minute 45 - it will be shown correctly on both timeframes. But when we draw line on the daily charts we do not have information about where you want to put this line inside the day (which hour and minute)... This information could be found on smaller timeframes.

Please see detailed info on our forum: http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1111

Return to “Bug reports”