Pivots appear crunched up on new day after preloading

Bug reports and errors in the program
Phillytrader66

Pivots appear crunched up on new day after preloading

#1 Postby Phillytrader66 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Pivots (daily) are showing up all crunched together when I have them on a chart, as they scroll to a new day. They are correctly shown for all preloaded data.

If I right click on the pivots and simply reapply the correct values are shown, in the example, EURUSD 1HR shows this fix. The other 3 screens show the error.

This error is happening for 5 min and 60 min timeframes across 4 currency pairs.

FX Tester 2.0

Thanks for any ideas,

Mike
Attachments
Pivot error.0609.jpg.jpg
Pivot error example
Pivot error.0609.jpg.jpg (359.52 KiB) Viewed 15573 times

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Pivots appear crunched up on new day after preloading

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:50 am

Phillytrader66 wrote:Pivots (daily) are showing up all crunched together when I have them on a chart, as they scroll to a new day. They are correctly shown for all preloaded data.

If I right click on the pivots and simply reapply the correct values are shown, in the example, EURUSD 1HR shows this fix. The other 3 screens show the error.

This error is happening for 5 min and 60 min timeframes across 4 currency pairs.

FX Tester 2.0

Thanks for any ideas,

Mike

Yes, problem is already fixed. Here it is new PivotPoints
Attachments
PivotPoints.zip
(49.73 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
Hasta la vista
Mike

Phillytrader66

Thanks for fixing!

#3 Postby Phillytrader66 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 am

Mike - thanks for the reply and the updated indicator file!

Mike

sonicviz

#4 Postby sonicviz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:53 am

This is still not fixed at least for me on v2.1.5

If I restart FX2 the Pivots set at Daily on the 15 min and 1 hour charts are all scrunched up. I have to manually edit them and apply to reset, which is a real pitfa when I have audusd, eurusd, and usdjpy all with 15min, 1hr, 4hr, daily and weekly views set with indicators.

Additional weirdness happens where it appears to randomly select one of the currency tabs and goes to another timeframe, not responding at all.
When it eventually responds in about 20-30 secs I can now select the correct currency tabs again and the timeframes.

This is really annoying and a huge timesink for me at the moment as I am trying to set up a project to do serious training and I'm wasting a lot of time on what appears to be UI bugginess somewhere.

Terranin
Site Admin

#5 Postby Terranin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:00 am

sonicviz wrote:This is still not fixed at least for me on v2.1.5

If I restart FX2 the Pivots set at Daily on the 15 min and 1 hour charts are all scrunched up. I have to manually edit them and apply to reset, which is a real pitfa when I have audusd, eurusd, and usdjpy all with 15min, 1hr, 4hr, daily and weekly views set with indicators.

Additional weirdness happens where it appears to randomly select one of the currency tabs and goes to another timeframe, not responding at all.
When it eventually responds in about 20-30 secs I can now select the correct currency tabs again and the timeframes.

This is really annoying and a huge timesink for me at the moment as I am trying to set up a project to do serious training and I'm wasting a lot of time on what appears to be UI bugginess somewhere.

It is strange, did you really install new pivots indicator (with File -> Install new indicator menu)? After installation use Indicators list to delete all indicators from all charts, and place new Pivot Points on some chart and check how it works.
Hasta la vista

Mike

cjone00

Unable to Download pivots.zip

#6 Postby cjone00 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 am

I recently downloaded and registered Forex Tester 2 on Tuesday July 21 and I am experiencing the same behavior whereby the pivot indicator gets scrunched up. I see that a correction has been made to the indicator and to download the pivots.zip file attached to the post however I am not seeing any hyperlink anywhere whereby I can download this pivots.zip file.
Am I missing something???

Please advise

Thanks.

Tantalus

#7 Postby Tantalus » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 am

There is a link in the second post in this thread (by Terranin). You might need to scroll the screen to the right as the link is on the right hand side and the thread is extra-wide due to the graphic added by the OP.

B-
Tantalus Research - Developing 21st Century Trading Systems.

cjone00

#8 Postby cjone00 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:27 pm

yup the link is visible when you scroll to the right... my bad... thanks much!

Phillytrader66

Pivot problem is back again (5 Oct 2009)

#9 Postby Phillytrader66 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi, version update 2.3.1 has the pivot point issue again. Initial load is good, sometimes a few days are good, but when the week changes, they crunch up again. Usually right click on pivot point and OK will reset.

I am using daily pivots and a weekly pivot.

Daily is set to Continuous = NO
Weekly is set to Continuous = YES

Screen Shot attached below.

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments
crunched_pivots_5Oct09.JPG
pivot error screen shot
crunched_pivots_5Oct09.JPG (92.37 KiB) Viewed 15004 times

Terranin
Site Admin

#10 Postby Terranin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 am

Just install updated indicator from this thread.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “Bug reports”