"zoom in" feature doesn't keep the last bar in view

Bug reports and errors in the program
Skipper

"zoom in" feature doesn't keep the last bar in view

#1 Postby Skipper » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi,
I like the new version so far, however I do have a couple of questions I was wondering if you could help me with.

Question 1: The zoom in/out feature on FT3 doesn't work the same as it does on FT2. When I zoom in and out I like to be able to see the whole structure from the most recent bar backwards, whether I zoom in or zoom out. Zooming out seems to work fine but when I zoom in it zooms in to somewhere in the middle of my chart when I need to be able to see the end bar at all times whether zooming in or out.

Also, a nice feature to have would be to be able to have two mouse center wheel hot key options (one hot key for each wheel direction forward or backward.) That way I can set one mouse wheel direction for zooming in and one mouse wheel direction for zooming out. (Otherwise, just have one hot key option for the wheel that defaults to backward wheel zooming out and forward wheel zooming in). Currently the mouse wheel allows us to scroll left or right on the chart but I don't need this because I click and drag the chart to move left or right so being able to quickly zoom in and out on the chart (using the mouse wheel) is of more use to me.

Question 2: I read an older forum post that mentioned you were planning on adding a position sizing calculator in a future FT version so we could calculate a fixed % of our equity for each trade. Has this feature been included in FT3?
Here is the old forum post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5833#p13063

That's all for now, thanks!

FX Helper

Re: "zoom in" feature doesn't keep the last bar in view

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:36 am

Hello,

We know about this issue, changing the scale doesn't apply the autoscroll in the current FT3 version, this problem will be fixed soon.
For now just use the "End" button on a keyboard to apply the autoscroll and move the chart to the end.

Regarding the mouse scroll, I will ask our programmers to check if it is possible to add it to the list of hot keys.

As for the position size calculator, it hasn't been added into the FT3 program yet, but we have a custom tool that allows doing the same calculations.
I've sent it to you by email, hope it will work for you.

Skipper

#3 Postby Skipper » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Okay, thanks for checking and the email.

Reluctant Trader

#4 Postby Reluctant Trader » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 am

Hi, just to add to this in case it gets missed, it also doesn't autoscroll to the current candle when switching to lower timeframes (although it does work when switching to higher timeframes).

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:28 am

Hello

Please right-click on the chart -> Chart Settings.
Then switch to "All charts" tab and select "Scroll to right" option in "On time frame/scale change lock to" option and chart will be automatically scrolled to right when timeframe is changed.

lukino60

#6 Postby lukino60 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello,

please, can you send me position sizing calculator on my mail too?

FX Helper

#7 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 am

Hello,

Sure, we've sent it to you by email.

Return to “Bug reports”