'Not Responding' Causes

Bug reports and errors in the program
charvo

'Not Responding' Causes

#1 Postby charvo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 am

Hi,

I understand this is the 1st version of FT3, but there are too many 'not responding' incidents that can happen.

i cannot be sure why these freeze / 'not responding' happened.

maybe because i frequently use keyboard shortcuts? sometimes the freeze happened when i zoom the chart, sometimes when i changed the timeframe, sometimes when i drag the chart (using the mouse). anyway, i always end up restart the program.

i also notice that the data gap (frequently seen in multi pairs, EurCad, XAUUSD, USDJPY, to name a few). If you developer manually test it, you'll see. at least, make the program not freeze when encounter a data gap.

again, i understand this is 1st version, but please hopefully improve the stability of the program. simply many more crashes than FT2.

FX Helper

Re: 'Not Responding' Causes

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:02 am

Hello,

Please try doing the following things to speed up testing:
1) Remove all indicators instances that you do not need at the current moment.
For example you may have 2 MA on 2 timeframes (let’s say on M5 and M15) of one chart. Each of these MA instances will be calculated separately so it is recommended to remove all indicators that you do not need at the current moment and leave the indicators only on the timeframes which you use.
2) Check that no automatic strategies are running at this moment, or just turn off strategy execution ("Testing -> Enable/Disable Strategy execution" menu).
3) Create a new project and use "Generate ticks by OHLC points" option
4) Maybe some of your data files were corrupted. Try to delete all of the data using “Clear history” button and then download it from Data Center.
5) Maybe you test too many pairs at the same time. Please try to create a project for lesser number of pairs and start a new test.
Also you can decrease the value in the “Tick package size” drop-down menu.

charvo

#3 Postby charvo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:08 pm

thanks,

i use no indicator or auto strategy. i repeatedly download data from forexit, default pairs by FT3.

do you mean that for a new project, i should take as few pairs as possible?

the only issue among your list, is that i have more than 10 pairs testing simultaneously in a 'project'

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:47 am

Hello,

Yes, it seems that you are testing too many pairs at the same time and the program can't calculate the data for all these pairs immediately so it needs some time.

Please create a new project for a lesser number of pairs, this should help.

Return to “Bug reports”