Buggy Crosshairs

Bug reports and errors in the program
sonicviz

Buggy Crosshairs

#1 Postby sonicviz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:34 am

I notice the crosshair pointer you can select from the menu seems to be buggy. It seems to take a performance hit on the task monitor when using it and is very jerky to move round the screen, not smooth at all. This makes it practically unuseable from a workflow perspective.

Cheers, sv

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Buggy Crosshairs

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 am

sonicviz wrote:I notice the crosshair pointer you can select from the menu seems to be buggy. It seems to take a performance hit on the task monitor when using it and is very jerky to move round the screen, not smooth at all. This makes it practically unuseable from a workflow perspective.

Cheers, sv

It is not really a bug, it means that you have not very powerful computer/videocard. Because when you move crosshair, it repaints all chart window on every movement of crosshair. If your videocard is slow then you will experience delays.
Hasta la vista
Mike

sonicviz

#3 Postby sonicviz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:15 am

Terranin wrote:
sonicviz wrote:I notice the crosshair pointer you can select from the menu seems to be buggy. It seems to take a performance hit on the task monitor when using it and is very jerky to move round the screen, not smooth at all. This makes it practically unuseable from a workflow perspective.

Cheers, sv

It is not really a bug, it means that you have not very powerful computer/videocard. Because when you move crosshair, it repaints all chart window on every movement of crosshair. If your videocard is slow then you will experience delays.

Please don't insult my intelligence and I won't insult yours.
I love the program but that is utter BS. I do a *lot* of graphical and 3D work with my system in addition to massive amounts of real time audio (with intensive UI updated in realtime) and this is a really obvious glitch.
Dealbook 360 and metatrader do not have this issue on my machine...why does yours?

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 am

sonicviz wrote:
Terranin wrote:

Cheers, sv

Please don't insult my intelligence and I won't insult yours.
I love the program but that is utter BS. I do a *lot* of graphical and 3D work with my system in addition to massive amounts of real time audio (with intensive UI updated in realtime) and this is a really obvious glitch.
Dealbook 360 and metatrader do not have this issue on my machine...why does yours?

Well, on very fast graphics cards this also sometimes happens. Do not know why because can not reproduce this error on my computers... Do you have problems with crosshair only, or with drawing lines too?
Hasta la vista

Mike

sonicviz

#5 Postby sonicviz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am

crosshairs only

Rod500

#6 Postby Rod500 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:45 pm

I too was have problems with the crosshairs. when I try to analyze a specific area of price, the far right end where candles are painting. This hindered my study. I finally tried uninstalling the only indicator I had on my chart, the isessions indicator. Immediately the crosshair was free from bugs. I then reinstalled the isessions indicator and the crosshair still worked. So I suggest that you uninstall whatever indicator causing the problem and reinstall it from time to time.

Return to “Bug reports”