No Indicators will load

Bug reports and errors in the program
danbgs

No Indicators will load

#1 Postby danbgs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:59 pm

:cry: I am a new user who has just downloaded the free Lite version to give it a try and it looks very interesting. However when I try to load an indicator I get an error message saying "cannot load indicator" and a hexidecimal number.dll. The indicator list shows the normal list of indicators with regular names, not hexadecimal numbers. Explorer shows that all of the indicator .dll files are in the Indicator directory within the Forex Tester directory within Program Files directory. If I try to install the indicator it says indicator is already installed. If I move the .dll files to a temp directory and try to install from there it says it cannot install indicator, file will be deleted. I have Vista SP1 running on an AMD dual core with 3gb of ram.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: No Indicators will load

#2 Postby Terranin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:28 pm

danbgs wrote::cry: I am a new user who has just downloaded the free Lite version to give it a try and it looks very interesting. However when I try to load an indicator I get an error message saying "cannot load indicator" and a hexidecimal number.dll. The indicator list shows the normal list of indicators with regular names, not hexadecimal numbers. Explorer shows that all of the indicator .dll files are in the Indicator directory within the Forex Tester directory within Program Files directory. If I try to install the indicator it says indicator is already installed. If I move the .dll files to a temp directory and try to install from there it says it cannot install indicator, file will be deleted. I have Vista SP1 running on an AMD dual core with 3gb of ram.

For Vista you need to install ForexTester to C:\ForexTester\ folder not to C:\Program Files\ForexTester\. There is some limitations under Vista.
Hasta la vista
Mike

danbgs

#3 Postby danbgs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Thanks, I will do an uninstall-reinstall to the root directory.

Return to “Bug reports”