Indicators not adding to selected timeframes

Bug reports and errors in the program
sqaguru

Indicators not adding to selected timeframes

#1 Postby sqaguru » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Hello,

When I add an indicator to a chart, sometimes I want to add the same indicator to other timeframes. However, the "timeframes" tab in the indicator Properties does not appear until the indicator has been added to at least one other chart. Even then, if I check various other timeframes in the "timeframes" tab, the indicator does not appear on the timeframes I have selected. This whole functionality seems to be unstable and inconsistent. Please investigate. Thanks

FX Helper

Re: Indicators not adding to selected timeframes

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:02 am

Hello,

You can select the timeframes of the indicator only when you add a new indicator via Insert -> Add Indicator menu.
After this, each indicator instance becomes a different indicator so you can't open the indicator properties and select the timeframes again, you need to add a new indicator.

So please select all necessary timeframes when adding the indicator for the first time.
You can also find all indicators instances in the "Indicators list" window.
There you can select necessary indicators and edit/delete them.

sqaguru

#3 Postby sqaguru » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks. This works only to show the indicator on the same chart when I change the charts timeframe. What I need is for an indicator that is added to a 5 minute chart to appear on all other charts of the same currency symbol that are currently open, if I select them in the "Timeframe" tab of the indicator. Is this scenario supported? If not, please add it to the requests list. Thanks

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:11 am

Hello

Please add the new indicator via Insert -> Add indicator menu. In the "Timeframes" tab activate all necessary timeframes. After this, the indicator will be shown on all selected timeframes of this chart.

Return to “Bug reports”