Lost trade history...

Bug reports and errors in the program
EM

Lost trade history...

#1 Postby EM » Sun May 25, 2008 8:02 am

Hi I had traded through about 4 months worth of data using Lite, disconnected and closed down the program. When I opened it up again to continue testing, ALL the trades and pending orders were gone but testing began at the correct date.

Any idea what happened?

Can I recover the trade history?

I have detailed records of every trade so I can re-trade everything from the beginning, but it's a bit of a pain so I'd much prefer to recover if possible. Also, I don't want to go through it all again just to have my trade history randomly disappear again with no way to recover it.

Thanks for any help.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Lost trade history...

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun May 25, 2008 10:56 am

EM wrote:Hi I had traded through about 4 months worth of data using Lite, disconnected and closed down the program. When I opened it up again to continue testing, ALL the trades and pending orders were gone but testing began at the correct date.

Any idea what happened?

Can I recover the trade history?

I have detailed records of every trade so I can re-trade everything from the beginning, but it's a bit of a pain so I'd much prefer to recover if possible. Also, I don't want to go through it all again just to have my trade history randomly disappear again with no way to recover it.

Thanks for any help.

Did you press Connect button and history did not appear? Forex Tester does not show previous history until you press Connect button and select "Continue testing". In Professional version you can save and reload complete projects to prevent this situation but in Lite version this feature is unavailable...
Hasta la vista
Mike

EM

#3 Postby EM » Mon May 26, 2008 12:52 am

Yes, I connected and the simulation started at the correct date and time, however, the entire trade history was gone.

EM

#4 Postby EM » Mon May 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Please, does anyone know what happened? How can I find out? I don't care if I have to re-trade the 4 months, but I just want to make sure I don't lose the data again. How do I prevent loss of data in the future?

Terranin
Site Admin

#5 Postby Terranin » Mon May 26, 2008 11:30 pm

EM wrote:Please, does anyone know what happened? How can I find out? I don't care if I have to re-trade the 4 months, but I just want to make sure I don't lose the data again. How do I prevent loss of data in the future?

It is very rare situation, I do not know solution. I can only suggest to upgrade your Lite version to Pro. In Pro version you can save your projects (make control points during testing) so you can return to previously saved condition.
Hasta la vista

Mike

EM

#6 Postby EM » Sat May 31, 2008 4:41 am

The upgrade option doesn't really sound like a fair solution. Is there a log file that I can back up periodically so that I can restore my trade history from that if this happens again?

Terranin
Site Admin

#7 Postby Terranin » Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 am

EM wrote:The upgrade option doesn't really sound like a fair solution. Is there a log file that I can back up periodically so that I can restore my trade history from that if this happens again?

Ok, you can backup such folders/files:
1. data folder (or data\TestingMode and data\Ticks)
2. TempFiles folder
3. history.dat
4. options.dat

backup/restore should be done after program is closed.
Hasta la vista

Mike

EM

#8 Postby EM » Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 pm

OK thanks I'll try that.

As a suggestion, maybe in future versions you can have these backups done automatically.

Cheers.

Return to “Bug reports”