New features for Version 2

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
Tantalus

New features for Version 2

#1 Postby Tantalus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks for all the great new features, Mike. I really look forward to the next generation!!

BTW, as a point for improving English language skills, when you speak of more than one index, the correct word is 'indices', not indexes.

Put another way, the proper plural form of index is indices.

Tantalus-

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: New features for Version 2

#2 Postby Terranin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Tantalus wrote:Thanks for all the great new features, Mike. I really look forward to the next generation!!

BTW, as a point for improving English language skills, when you speak of more than one index, the correct word is 'indices', not indexes.

Put another way, the proper plural form of index is indices.

Tantalus-

Ok, thanks, will correct this.
Hasta la vista
Mike

capsmart

Any news about version 2?

#3 Postby capsmart » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Mike
I would like to know if you have any plans about version 2.
The additions are REALLY necessary.
Regards
Vassilis

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Any news about version 2?

#4 Postby Terranin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:02 pm

capsmart wrote:Hi Mike
I would like to know if you have any plans about version 2.
The additions are REALLY necessary.
Regards
Vassilis

I am currently working on version 2 and hope will finish it in October.
Hasta la vista

Mike

mydan

#5 Postby mydan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:44 am

Mike,
would it be possible to display the active project name somewhere,perhaps on the title bar?
I might have same instrument and different projects and often I forget wich project is active.
Also, when saving the project -File-Save Project- it would be helpfull if the names of existing projects has been displayed.
Thanks,
Joseph

Terranin
Site Admin

#6 Postby Terranin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:46 am

mydan wrote:Mike,
would it be possible to display the active project name somewhere,perhaps on the title bar?
I might have same instrument and different projects and often I forget wich project is active.
Also, when saving the project -File-Save Project- it would be helpfull if the names of existing projects has been displayed.
Thanks,
Joseph

Yes, I will also make projects more user friendly.
Hasta la vista

Mike

libertao

2.0 Features

#7 Postby libertao » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Mike,

There were two features (already requested in past threads) that I was wondering whether they are planned to be in version 2.0. They seem incredibly essential to me (though I'm sure most people say that about requested features).

1. Keyboard shortcut to cycle through tabs/currencies (like ctrl+tab). And maybe allow the scroll wheel to cycle through the tabs?

2. Automatic position size calculating based on stop size and risk percentage i.e.:
(Account $ * Risk %)/(Stop Size in Pips / 10000)

These would extremely speed up testing for me and others I believe and what would make me purchase 2.0. Which reminds me, will there be a difference in price between upgrades and full purchases? ;)

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 Features

#8 Postby Terranin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:10 pm

libertao wrote:Hi Mike,

There were two features (already requested in past threads) that I was wondering whether they are planned to be in version 2.0. They seem incredibly essential to me (though I'm sure most people say that about requested features).

1. Keyboard shortcut to cycle through tabs/currencies (like ctrl+tab). And maybe allow the scroll wheel to cycle through the tabs?

2. Automatic position size calculating based on stop size and risk percentage i.e.:
(Account $ * Risk %)/(Stop Size in Pips / 10000)

These would extremely speed up testing for me and others I believe and what would make me purchase 2.0. Which reminds me, will there be a difference in price between upgrades and full purchases? ;)

I need to implement declared features first and then I will implement other features as free updates (builds) for version 2.
Hasta la vista

Mike

S173

#9 Postby S173 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi
Backtesting is essential and Forex tester makes this relatively easy but one downside is that I don't look at charts 24hrs/day, everyday.

So, a suggestion would be to have an option to mark the times you don't normally trade with a colour shading so that we can test our strategies in a more realistic way?

Thanks for a great product! :)

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”