Order execution hotkeys

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
crsadrjoe

Order execution hotkeys

#1 Postby crsadrjoe » Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi guys,

One thing that would help streamline manual testing is configuring hotkeys to execute trades with different lot sizes and parameters.

For instance, if I could assign the number keys 1 through 4 to short .2, .3, .4, & .5 lots respectively, and keys 5 through 8 to buy the same quantities, then manual testing could be faster and the records would be cleaner.

Right now I'm using the ctl+B/S keys multiple times. But instead of two trades at .3 and .4, I end up with seven trades at .1 in the history - which have to be grouped by time for analysis.

Thanks!

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Order execution hotkeys

#2 Postby Terranin » Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 am

crsadrjoe wrote:Hi guys,

One thing that would help streamline manual testing is configuring hotkeys to execute trades with different lot sizes and parameters.

For instance, if I could assign the number keys 1 through 4 to short .2, .3, .4, & .5 lots respectively, and keys 5 through 8 to buy the same quantities, then manual testing could be faster and the records would be cleaner.

Right now I'm using the ctl+B/S keys multiple times. But instead of two trades at .3 and .4, I end up with seven trades at .1 in the history - which have to be grouped by time for analysis.

Thanks!

Ok, I will think about it.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”