MetaTrader Converter

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
stockwet

MetaTrader Converter

#1 Postby stockwet » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:51 am

Provide a mechanism for translating a MetaTrader indicator to a ForexTester indicator.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: MetaTrader Converter

#2 Postby Terranin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:34 pm

stockwet wrote:Provide a mechanism for translating a MetaTrader indicator to a ForexTester indicator.

For the first step I need to convert ForexTester API to C++. Then we will see what could be done. ;)
Hasta la vista
Mike

ccurto

#3 Postby ccurto » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:23 am

This would be a huge improvement. I've found indicators to use with Metatrader with no way to back test it in Forex Tester. I love using Forex Tester, but I can only use it for testing systems with the current indicators. There's a lot more people that program indicators as MQ4 and not many that program them as DLL.

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 pm

ccurto wrote:This would be a huge improvement. I've found indicators to use with Metatrader with no way to back test it in Forex Tester. I love using Forex Tester, but I can only use it for testing systems with the current indicators. There's a lot more people that program indicators as MQ4 and not many that program them as DLL.

Unfortunately it can not be fully automatic, because ForexTester uses slightly different calculation schema. And some indicators written for MT4 as is will be tooo slow, because they are not optimized for fast execution. Some of them recalculate whole history on every tick, so you can imagine how slow they will be when you go bar by bar on 1 hour timeframe and have 1 year of history behind for example (4x60x60 = 14400 recalculations on every candle at least for single indicator). For MT they are ok, 1 - 2 ticks per second is not a problem.

So, such a converter can do some dirty job converting indicator, but anyway programmer should review the resulting code and do some modifications.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”