3 hr chart

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
pullag

3 hr chart

#1 Postby pullag » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 am

mike
i trade with oanda and they use three hour charting. please consider adding the three hour charts. also i have access to historical data (tick) from oanda, is it possible to import to forextester?

thanks

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: 3 hr chart

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:43 pm

pullag wrote:mike
i trade with oanda and they use three hour charting. please consider adding the three hour charts. also i have access to historical data (tick) from oanda, is it possible to import to forextester?

thanks

I will add user timeframes in next builds, about oanda data see this thread: http://www.forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=387
Hasta la vista
Mike

Andromeda

#3 Postby Andromeda » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:03 pm

pullag wrote:mike

thanks

==

On another note, you may wish to join a few of us who are encouraging oanda to increase the number of time frames they have... and why on earth a 3 hour?

plasmapelz

#4 Postby plasmapelz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am

Andromeda wrote:On another note, you may wish to join a few of us who are encouraging oanda to increase the number of time frames they have... and why on earth a 3 hour?

I don't know... but it seems that the 3h is not particularly worse than 4h. Anyway I asked oanda about including 4h and 1w time frames and they told me that this is not planned or considered in the near future.

Seems the only option is to continue charting with Metatrader and put orders in Oanda :(.

Terranin
Site Admin

#5 Postby Terranin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 am

plasmapelz wrote:
Andromeda wrote:On another note, you may wish to join a few of us who are encouraging oanda to increase the number of time frames they have... and why on earth a 3 hour?

I don't know... but it seems that the 3h is not particularly worse than 4h. Anyway I asked oanda about including 4h and 1w time frames and they told me that this is not planned or considered in the near future.

Seems the only option is to continue charting with Metatrader and put orders in Oanda :(.

In next version of Forex Tester will be option to create any timeframe you want, 3 hr, 2 hr, 38 min, etc. And as many as you want. This version is expected at the end of October. See http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=983
Hasta la vista

Mike

plasmapelz

#6 Postby plasmapelz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Terranin wrote:In next version of Forex Tester will be option to create any timeframe you want, 3 hr, 2 hr, 38 min, etc. And as many as you want. This version is expected at the end of October. See http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=983

Sounds good, I am looking forward to the new version :D.

While we are at this, you mentioned tick wise processing. When I step forward day by day, this tick wise processing is slow and doesn't bring me much. Even the minute wise processing is not very useful and I was always wondering why one step (space) in the D1 time frame takes so long compared to one step in H1.
Would it be possible to have an option to internally process custom bars? E.g. if I am in daily I wish I could set that one day is processed hour by hour instead of tick by tick? This would make the order processing maybe less accurate, but increase the speed for people who want it.

Just an idea...

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”