Fixed Scale Improvement

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
Sam400

Fixed Scale Improvement

#1 Postby Sam400 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Forex Tester, has a function for fixed scale and that's great but after a while the price on the currency pair move out of this scale, moves out of this range, to change the scale ( still fixed) i have to right click the chart, and type the new scale, when with program like metatrader i can simply scroll vertically, not sure if i explain myself clearly enough, if needed i can make a video

Seems i'm not the only one to have this problem with Forex Tester, i read the old threads about fixed scale
viewtopic.php?t=1563
viewtopic.php?t=1799

Maybe this feature is being worked on for the Forex Tester ver 3?

FX Helper

Re: Fixed Scale Improvement

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:42 am

Hello,

I will ask our programmers to add this feature.

You can also change the scale of chart by clicking in prices range, holding and dragging the mouse.
So you will see all the bars on the screen.

Maybe this will work for you

virgo739

#3 Postby virgo739 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:26 am

Dear All @ForexTester2,

I guess Sam400's suggestion is the same as mine... but I want to leave my comment anyway because it can also help you to understand and include this basic and likeable by everyone feature:

As traders not only should we be able to change up or down the y-axis scale (as we already can do on ForexTester2) but we NEED to be able
1) to freely move our chart up or down (even out of the screen)
2) with no automatic change of y-axis scale at all.

1) Now we are usually restricted to a "vertical channel" with its top and bottom that we can recalculate manually on chart settings
2) and if we move forward or backwards along the x-axis, the y-axis scale automatically changes (and that messes with our visual chart measurements).

The best way to try this suggestion would be to try a demo account at Saxo Bank, their platform in this specific regard is great (not an exclusive feature at all though, other platforms do it as well, Saxo is simply the easiest one to try this specific feature). Just clicking in prices range, holding and dragging the mouse you change the y-axis scale same way as you do in ForexTester2 BUT THEN, clicking in the chart area, holding and then dragging the chart, you can go with it wherever you want with no change in y-axis scale at all. This is key for practice trading.

Thanks for your support.

Best wishes on your new product launch

virgo739

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:28 am

Hello,

We added this feature (fixed scale) in the Forex Tester 3 version that will be released in nearest time.

This functionality will allow moving the chart up and down without changing the scale of the chart.

virgo739

#5 Postby virgo739 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:11 am

Excelent!

Thank you FX Helper!

ac3

#6 Postby ac3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Yeah its nice, but can you add possibility to make hot key to turn off/on this feature?

FT2User

#7 Postby FT2User » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:19 am

Hi, I've just downloaded FT3 demo and can see that the fixed scale feature has been implemented. However it still defers a little from MT4, in that once this option is selected my chart gets compressed and there is no way to stretch it using the vertical scale on the right. In MT4 it is possible to left click on the vertical scale and just move the mouse up and down to stretch or compress the chart but with FT3 I can only move the mouse down to compress it even further but I cannot move it up to stretch the chart. As a result the fixed scale feature seems unusable because it is impossible to trade with my chart all compressed to the middle of the screen. Could something be done about this, as it is the only thing that is stopping me from purchasing the product now. Thanks!

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:09 am

Hello,

This issue can happen with 4 digits data on lower timeframes when the price movement wasn’t big enough.

Please open the Data Center, select necessary pair, click “Change properties” and change the value in “Digits after point” field from 4 to 5.
Then click “Ok”.
After that, create a new project and start a new test.

So when you activate this option again, you should see proper bars.
You can also change the vertical scale by clicking and holding the left mouse button on the prices at the right of the chart and moving the mouse up and down.
So you can set necessary scale after you enable the “fixed scale” option.

FT2User

#9 Postby FT2User » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 am

Hi that indeed solved the problem, thanks a lot!

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”