Suggestions for Forex Tester 3

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
djxput

Suggestions for Forex Tester 3

#1 Postby djxput » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi,

I've only had the program for a few days here (so I might have some more ideas as I get a chance to use FT2).

First off - Great program; I Love it!

Suggestions:

1. Either change the mouse wheel to increase and decrease chart scaling like most other programs; or allow to set our own hotkeys that will allow this.
the charts over at http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/tradingview?symbol=GBPUSD
are an example.

2. Have an option to allow for quick drawing of multiple trendlines (instead of having to click the screen each and everytime) - something where you can either set it to allow multiple lines? In the past I used a program called Qcharts (now owned by esignal) which had this and this was Very helpful.

3. At the moment trendlines are not being drawn in multiple timeframes (at least not for me). I have all timeframes selected for trendlines and still they only draw on that particular timeframes.

4. This next one is a minor point ... but allow the moving of the buttons for chart selection.

5. And lastly - it would be great to be able to bring up a history of trades with gains/losses etc right in the program - like a spreadsheet type (without having to export it).

FX Helper

Re: Suggestions for Forex Tester 3

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am

Hello,

You can use "+" and "-" buttons on keyboard for changing the scale. Also in Forex Tester 3 version you will be able to set your own hotkeys.

As for the timeframes, all graphical instruments are shown on all timeframes.
For example, if you draw a trnedline on 1M timeframe it will be shown on all other timeframes.

I will transfer other suggestiongs to our programmers so they can check what they can do.

djxput

#3 Postby djxput » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:58 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

You can use "+" and "-" buttons on keyboard for changing the scale. Also in Forex Tester 3 version you will be able to set your own hotkeys.

As for the timeframes, all graphical instruments are shown on all timeframes.
For example, if you draw a trnedline on 1M timeframe it will be shown on all other timeframes.

I will transfer other suggestiongs to our programmers so they can check what they can do.

Thanks for the reply

Just wanted to show this video of how the trendlines lines arnt working for me
http://youtu.be/bICr1VNaDNs
the quality isnt the best - can improve the quality if need be. What I am showing in the video is me putting a trendline on the 15 min chart and the 1 hour chart of the same currency and showing how it does not show up in either.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:48 am

Hello,

If you draw a trenline on first chart, it will not be shown on second chart of this pair. It will be shown only if you change the timeframe of first chart.

If you want to see trendlines on other chart then we can recommend you to save your trendlines as tempalte and then add this template on other chart.

djxput

#5 Postby djxput » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:39 am

If you draw a trenline on first chart, it will not be shown on second chart of this pair. It will be shown only if you change the timeframe of first chart.

If you want to see trendlines on other chart then we can recommend you to save your trendlines as tempalte and then add this template on other chart.

ok thanks

didnt realize this.

- btw cant wait for the updated version -

stic

#6 Postby stic » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:41 am

djxput wrote:1. Either change the mouse wheel to increase and decrease chart scaling like most other programs; or allow to set our own hotkeys that will allow this.
the charts over at http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/tradingview?symbol=GBPUSD
are an example.

In addition, please implement the "Lock scale" feature of the dailyfx.com charts (this feature can be accessed by right-clicking on the vertical price axis). ForexTester should also remember the scale for different time frame. The vertical scale could be locked at 350 pips for M30, and 100 pips for M5, for example.

brokeMike

#7 Postby brokeMike » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Will it be WinXP compatible?
I'll be upgrade if yes :)

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:11 am

Hello,

Yes, it should be compatible with all versions of Windows OS, like the Forex Tester 2.

Masher

#9 Postby Masher » Sat May 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Yes, it should be compatible with all versions of Windows OS, like the Forex Tester 2.

When will you release version 3 demo version?

brokeMike

#10 Postby brokeMike » Sun May 03, 2015 4:29 am

Excellent,
Next issue for me is not being able to order the windows, ie moving tabs

FX Helper

#11 Postby FX Helper » Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 am

Masher wrote:

When will you release version 3 demo version?

I'm not sure that demo version will be posted, probably we will release a full version.

FX Helper

#12 Postby FX Helper » Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 am

brokeMike wrote:

Excellent,

Forex Tester 3 version will have a functionality to move tabs.

brokeMike

#13 Postby brokeMike » Sun May 10, 2015 7:41 pm

FX Helper wrote:
brokeMike wrote:

Excellent,

Forex Tester 3 version will have a functionality to move tabs.

excellent again :)
A small issue, saving chart template, it would be nice if it could have a drop down box with existing templates to save over.. but hey not a big issue.

cristy1980

#14 Postby cristy1980 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,

I'm interested also in Market Profile (any type of profile, and any styles)... and not only the market profile and POC...,there is so much good use of all that data that can be downloaded as history data...
There are other type of Profiles as Volume at price profile which highlights so so nice the potential zones of supply and demand aka S&R zones, the Market Delta or the cumulative delta, which can be computed from tick + volume data.

Thx,
Cris

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”