Export of indicator values to ForexSmartTools at entry/exit

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
shinpan

Export of indicator values to ForexSmartTools at entry/exit

#1 Postby shinpan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:23 pm

One of the powerful parts of ForexTester, imho, is the ability to test strategies manually at the "hard right edge". When combined with the Forex Smart Tools software, which is offered as a bundle when purchasing Forex Tester, it can be a powerful tool that not only allows great practice, but provides a lot of data to help refine one's strategy.

Unfortunately, the ability to export indicator data into forex smart tools is non existent. However, the data is obviously there because if one opens up the data window in the forex tester, you see the values for those indicators (whether they be moving averages, stochastics, or any other indicator). Ideally, one would be able to export those values into any custom parameters setup in the forex tools software so one can track that information at entry and exit, as well.

As an example of its use, one thing I want to be able to track is the relative locations of any moving averages at the time of my entry. In other words, was my entry above/below the moving averages? This allows me to see they're impact on the trade (if any), if I'm trading with the trend or against it (as defined by the moving averages), etc., so I can track that data and see if results vary dramatically depending on the relative locations of the moving averages.

Ideally, being able to export any values from a given indicator at the time of an entry or exit, should be something that's available. If the software is calculating those values (which is must be since it shows up in the data window), then being able to have those saved at entry (just like the entry time is saved, the entry price, etc.) and exported along with the time, price, direction, etc., at entry and exit would save a TON of time, and allow more automation. As it is, I have to essentially either pause at my entry and enter them by hand into forex smart tools, or make some other crude notes (and still have to enter them manually). It really slows down the process, and is quite inefficient. And it would seem to be something that could be done automatically.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”