Range and Renko bar charts

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
Sinisa

Range and Renko bar charts

#1 Postby Sinisa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 am

Hello,

I post similar question (comment) on another topic a few Months ago. Nobody answer on it. Also, I send an email about that a Month ago. Nobody answer on it.

I am writing also here about that, with new topic, and really hope someone will finally react.

I am waiting on Range bar charts since March 2011. It is more then 1 Year now. I bought FT because Alex said Range bar charts will be implemented soon (that was in March 2011, as I said). Me, and some of my friends bought then TF, and still waiting on Range bar charts.

During all that period I can't use FT because my method include Range bar charts. It is waste of money and HUGE waste of time.
Still waiting... but as we can see... nobody knows how much we need to wait. Or somebody maybe know... ?

Regards,

Sinisa

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 am

Hi Sinisa,

Hmm, actually we answered on your email... probably it was not delivered or it went to your spam folder.

we've added range bars to the beta version of the next release, we'll post the link to this release here soon.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Sinisa

#3 Postby Sinisa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 am

Hello,

You make my day a lot better! Thanks a lot.
But, please... just specify rough date for (that) next release. Because it is not the same if next release will be this or next Month, or at the end of this Year (and both scenarios can be possible).

Kind regards,

Sinisa

FT Support

#4 Postby FT Support » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 am

I think that we'll send you the update in 2 weeks.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Sinisa

#5 Postby Sinisa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 am

Great news! Excellent!

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa

Terranin
Site Admin

Beta version with range bars is available

#6 Postby Terranin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:29 am

Beta version with range bars is available see this topic http://www.forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3168
Hasta la vista
Mike

Sinisa

#7 Postby Sinisa » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you very much Mike!

Going to download it right now.

Have a great day!

Sinisa

#8 Postby Sinisa » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello,

There are some bugs in this Beta version, regarding templates.
For instance, after putting some indicator on the Range bar chart, if you wish to edit that indicator, indicator disappear (after editing, and saving).

Also, I put into second window another indicator, and when I try to edit it (for instance make indicator line bold or different color), I wasn't able to do that. So, I delete that second window. But, with deleting that window, indicators in first window also disappears.

After that I tried to pull the template I save before (with indicators that disappears in above step), but there was no indicators on that template at all. And I am sure I save template twice with the two indicators on it.

Can you please solve that problems?

Thanks a lot.

Kindest regards.

Sinisa

Terranin
Site Admin

#9 Postby Terranin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am

Sinisa wrote:Hello,

There are some bugs in this Beta version, regarding templates.
For instance, after putting some indicator on the Range bar chart, if you wish to edit that indicator, indicator disappear (after editing, and saving).

Also, I put into second window another indicator, and when I try to edit it (for instance make indicator line bold or different color), I wasn't able to do that. So, I delete that second window. But, with deleting that window, indicators in first window also disappears.

After that I tried to pull the template I save before (with indicators that disappears in above step), but there was no indicators on that template at all. And I am sure I save template twice with the two indicators on it.

Can you please solve that problems?

Thanks a lot.

Kindest regards.

Sinisa

I can not reproduce this error with editing and saving indicators. Can you tell me exact steps to reproduce it? Found some bug with templates, but if you add and edit indicators manually there is no problems.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Sinisa

#10 Postby Sinisa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, you are right. Everything is ok. I just try the same with another Range bars chart, and there was no problem.
Seems there was some problem with my first chart. I wasn't able to make same things even today. But, after I open new chart (with same Range bars settings), everything was good.

Thanks for care.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa[/list]

Sinisa

#11 Postby Sinisa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Mike,

The only problem (but that's not a bug, just lack of functionality) is that we can't go back in testing mode, as well as test candle by candle, I mean there is no functionality:
- Step back by single bar (actually, there is no possibility to back at all)
- Step forward by single bar
- Step by single tick

This forks on standard (Japanese) candles, but it doesn't work on Renko bars.

Regards,

Sinisa

Terranin
Site Admin

#12 Postby Terranin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:30 am

Sinisa wrote:Hi Mike,

The only problem (but that's not a bug, just lack of functionality) is that we can't go back in testing mode, as well as test candle by candle, I mean there is no functionality:
- Step back by single bar (actually, there is no possibility to back at all)
- Step forward by single bar
- Step by single tick

This forks on standard (Japanese) candles, but it doesn't work on Renko bars.

Regards,

Sinisa

It was limited specially. You can not go forward because you do not know what time range will be for the next bar until it is formed, because time was removed from range bars (this was the purpose for creating them :) so only price matters), each bar has different time range. Also, just 1 price change (tick) can create many range bars. Same problems with going back.

But you can use other regular charts to move bar by bar with regular timeframes.

About bugs, there is a bug with applying templates, will be fixed soon. If you do not use templates everything should be fine.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Sinisa

#13 Postby Sinisa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Mike,

I understand that you can't go forward and back in terms of time, if you on the Range bar chart. But, I was talking about candles, not time. It is logically that by clicking on the icon that means - Step forward by single bar - that you go forward by singe bar. A bar is a bar.
Sure, Renko bars are different then Japanese candlesticks, and as you said - it is not possibly to go forward or backward on Renko bars regarding time. But, I don't ask that.

I just talking about bars. If you click on button that means - Step Back by single bar - you go back. It's simple. At least, it should be.

Regards,

Sinisa[/b]

Terranin
Site Admin

#14 Postby Terranin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 am

Sinisa wrote:Hi Mike,

I understand that you can't go forward and back in terms of time, if you on the Range bar chart. But, I was talking about candles, not time. It is logically that by clicking on the icon that means - Step forward by single bar - that you go forward by singe bar. A bar is a bar.
Sure, Renko bars are different then Japanese candlesticks, and as you said - it is not possibly to go forward or backward on Renko bars regarding time. But, I don't ask that.

I just talking about bars. If you click on button that means - Step Back by single bar - you go back. It's simple. At least, it should be.

Regards,

Sinisa[/b]

Bar is not just a bar. Bar is formed by processing package of ticks (price changes). To create bars program should process ticks for some period of time.

When you press "go forward by 1 bar" on the 1 hour time frame - program processes all price changes for the next 1 hour and forms bars on all time frames - 1 one hour bar, 4 15 mins bars, 12 5 mins bars and so on. On ALL symbols and ALL charts. They are all synchronized. Also, all indicators are recalculated and automatic strategies works on every tick during this process.

When you press go forward on the range bar chart, program just does not know how many ticks to process, also in some situations it is not possible to go by 1 bar, because just 1 price change can create more then 1 bar. Also, in many cases price did not hit open/close points of the bar (they are virtual for range bars), so by processing 1 price change you will get 1 bar finished + part of the next bar.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Sinisa

#15 Postby Sinisa » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Mike,

After some time of inactivity, today I start with testing... and today I can't open Range bar chart in testing mode. It works in history, but not in testing mode.
I am sending you screenshot attached.

I hope you will have idea what is wrong.

P.S. I start New test several times (you see it's write - "Start new test" on the screen), but every time I see the same. Nothing except that message.

Probably I am doing something wrong (?)

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (93.76 KiB) Viewed 27467 times

Terranin
Site Admin

#16 Postby Terranin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Uncheck "Pause" button. After starting test it is on pause (probably you selected this option in start test dialog).
Hasta la vista

Mike

Sinisa

#17 Postby Sinisa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:24 am

Thank you very much Mike. It works now.

Have a great weekend!

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”