Optimizing manual test trades automatically

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
Makai

Optimizing manual test trades automatically

#1 Postby Makai » Fri May 11, 2012 6:37 am

I want to optimize a trading system that I test-traded manually.
To optimize the trailing stop I need to manually measure all retracements for each of the 182 trade setups and put them in a spreadsheet.

This is of course very time consuming and will take me at least 1 week of work. if I repeat this on a regular basis then it will add up to an incredible amount of hours.

To instead let Forex Tester test which trailing stop would be optimal, all that has to be added would be that the trades that have been excecuted manually are now used as a script in the optimizer.
Instead of rules when to open a trade, the program would simply stick strictly to the trades from the log to replay them with optionally trying parameter variations for SL/TP, Trailing Stop, Position Sizing (position size alone can make a big difference for the results).

For me this currently is one of the 2 most important issues with FT.

jonnywolf

#2 Postby jonnywolf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm

I second this. It would be really handy to manually go through a set number of trades and then be able to vary different trade properties like position size, a manual stop loss, varying trailing stop and optimise properly. Of course we need to be careful not to over optimise.

I feel this would take forex tester to the next level.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”