more default strategies

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
antman

more default strategies

#1 Postby antman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Thought of an idea for the next update of forex tester 2 and that is to have more strategies as a default built in. I know that SMA crossover is in the strategies list but I feel this should be updated with more
2 Moving Average crossover
3 Moving Average crossover
MACD trading strategy
Stochastics trading strategy
RSI trading strategy
ADX trading strategy
Triple Zig zag trading strategy

they dont have to be anything too complicated but it will give options and ideas to traders of basic trading methods and give them a start to forming their own ideas for trading. plus open up the strategies section to traders and programmers alike.

and123

agreed

#2 Postby and123 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 am

I personally didn't buy the Forex Tester for a couple years until recently because of the lack of indicators available for it, and Im not a programmer. I think you would greatly expand your business if you made lots more indicators available without extra cost. I only bought it this time around because I was using a strategy with no indicators, though I did end up geting a couple programmed. I know there are tons of weird indicators out there, but my guess is that there are plenty of really common ones that really should be available as part of the package that aren't right now. Possibly some of them are in the forum. When I had 2 indicators programmed by Alexey, who was excellent by the way and super fast turnaround... he offered to sell me a couple others that I wanted, but it turns out I found the same thing posted in the forum later. However, as a potential buyer these past 2 years, if I had seen that the program came with a lot more indicators to start with (as I didn't look through the forum at that time) I probably would have bought the program quite a while back. And then the more people you have buying it, the more you have that can share indicators like people do with MT4. I really think that would be a better way to go, at least for the consumer.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”