LastTickOfBar and Strategy stop event

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
dackjaniels

LastTickOfBar and Strategy stop event

#1 Postby dackjaniels » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to sum up, in the correct forum, a few ideas that came from my discussion with support here:

http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2624

LastTickOfBar API function - Apparently this is now on the TO-DO list and I'm looking forward to using it

Strategy stop event - In the other post you mentioned creating a plugin option as being too complicated, perhaps this is an easier alternative? I would really like to see it implemented.

What I envisage is that when a user has finished testing they can make the deliberate move of pressing the stop button to signify testing is finished (as opposed to just paused).

When they do this FT should execute a procedure such as Finished() which can be over-ridden in a strategy dll.

This means I can build a strategy, and inside the Finished() procedure I can do whatever I like, such as generate a report. Report generation can be very processor intensive if its done on each tick but using the above method avoids this.

All FT needs to do is wait for the procedure to finish executing before clearing all of the test data (account history).

I can't see this being difficult to implement and it should not have any backward-compatibility problems.

This Finished() procedure should also be called at the end of each test run when using Strategy Optimiser. Ideally also including a flag isOptimising to enable decisions based on the test type being run.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”