Multi Testing of different pairs

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
JJLL

Multi Testing of different pairs

#1 Postby JJLL » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Being able to test multiple currency pairs using the same strategy but with different setting within that strategy would be great.

For example, if it would be possible to test 3 different pairs within the same calender year using a strategy that has different settings for each pair, that would be nice :)

Just a thought.

Thank You.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Multi Testing of different pairs

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 pm

JJLL wrote:Being able to test multiple currency pairs using the same strategy but with different setting within that strategy would be great.

For example, if it would be possible to test 3 different pairs within the same calender year using a strategy that has different settings for each pair, that would be nice :)

Just a thought.

Thank You.

You can create such a strategy, Forex Tester allows multicurrency testing. Just you need to create setting for each currency in your strategy and use them.
Hasta la vista
Mike

JJLL

#3 Postby JJLL » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Mike,
Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

Whenever I'm in History Mode, I generate ticks for two (or more) pairs then go to Testing Mode, FT will only allow me to open the last pair that generated ticks.

For example, if I generate ticks in History Mode for EUR/USD and USD/JPY, when I switch over to Testing Mode, I'm only able to open a chart for USD/JPY.

Is there a method that I'm missing? Maybe the order that I'm working in is incorrect?

My plan was to simply make multiple copies of my strategy, each copy having a different name. Then apply each copy to a different pair and run each pair simultaneously.

Thank you.

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:24 pm

JJLL wrote:Hi Mike,
Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

Whenever I'm in History Mode, I generate ticks for two (or more) pairs then go to Testing Mode, FT will only allow me to open the last pair that generated ticks.

For example, if I generate ticks in History Mode for EUR/USD and USD/JPY, when I switch over to Testing Mode, I'm only able to open a chart for USD/JPY.

Is there a method that I'm missing? Maybe the order that I'm working in is incorrect?

My plan was to simply make multiple copies of my strategy, each copy having a different name. Then apply each copy to a different pair and run each pair simultaneously.

Thank you.

When you generate ticks you need to check all checkboxes at the same time. If you generate 1 currency, then another - last one will erase previously generated ticks.

About strategies, it is not enough to just copy and rename dll file. You need to create different projects, rename each and recompile with different library names, for example:

library Strategy1;

library Strategy2;

etc.

Or you can create a strategy that can work with multiple currencies by itself.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”