Trend Lines by Angle

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
webcharacter

Trend Lines by Angle

#1 Postby webcharacter » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello ForexTester2,

A useful feature would be to be able to draw trend lines by angle. The first click establishes the pivot point. The second click establishes the end point as usual, except a text box near the pivot point indicates the angle.

The angle is visible when the mouse is moving while choosing the second point (end point). The angle is also visible when the trend line is selected. The text box sits above the pivot point when the angle is between 180 and 360 (0deg or 360deg points right), and below the pivot point otherwise.

There could be a form for a ray as well.

Thanks, Brian Warren

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Trend Lines by Angle

#2 Postby Terranin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 am

webcharacter wrote:Hello ForexTester2,

A useful feature would be to be able to draw trend lines by angle. The first click establishes the pivot point. The second click establishes the end point as usual, except a text box near the pivot point indicates the angle.

The angle is visible when the mouse is moving while choosing the second point (end point). The angle is also visible when the trend line is selected. The text box sits above the pivot point when the angle is between 180 and 360 (0deg or 360deg points right), and below the pivot point otherwise.

There could be a form for a ray as well.

Thanks, Brian Warren

I really see no use for angles. How do you calculate this angle, divide pips on bars? On different scale it would be different angle for the same line.
Hasta la vista
Mike

webcharacter

#3 Postby webcharacter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, it would be pips/bars. Actually, since the ray has a pivot point, attaching this number to the ray would be suitable. It could show in either the ray (price) window or in the data view.

I understand that this feature may not be in popular use. I only found it by experimenting with the VTSystems platform, but now I use it with most of my trades.

VTSystems uses visual angles, so as you said, they are subject to scaling. However, baring news events, the scaling changes infrequently (as long as you don't resize the windows), so having to make occasional changes is not an issue.

Anyway, since no one else responded in favor of the suggestion, I see that it's probably not worth the time to make it part of ForexTester2. I'll go see what I can rig up with the API.

Regards, Brian Warren

FinGeR

#4 Postby FinGeR » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 am

Is this possible in forex tester?

How can you calculate the angle at Trendline Forex Tester with Delphi (API)

Code: Select all

if(ObjectType(name) == OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE)
Attachments
2011-10-24_1611.png
2011-10-24_1611.png (31.84 KiB) Viewed 12152 times

FT Support

#5 Postby FT Support » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Sorry but we do not have "Trendline by angle" instrument for now
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Terranin
Site Admin

#6 Postby Terranin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

There is no way to calculate angle in degrees, it depends on scale of chart that can change, screen resolution, etc. How can you get degrees from price and time???? :) You can not divide price on time or vice versa. It is pretty stupid feature in MetaTrader.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”