Range Bar Chart

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
toyogo00

Range Bar Chart

#1 Postby toyogo00 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:32 am

Hi,

I would like to suggest that FT should support on range bar chart. It is based on number of ticks to form a bar instead of using time based - for example 25 ticks to form a bar.

I believe technically it should be achievable as FT already support tick data.

There are many many Woodie CCI traders out there looking for such tester. All the package such as NinjaTrader, eSignal, PFG etc all support on range bar chart because of Woodie CCI traders.

Regards,
Toyogo

anmarcelo

#2 Postby anmarcelo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:59 am

I would like to see the range bars in Forex tester too.
It is a new way to look at the price bars. And many many people are interested in it. I believe that it is easy to make, for whom that understand programing language, and Renko charts are needed too.

thanks.

janson

#3 Postby janson » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I second that.

When tick data is available I'd also like to see some tick volume indicators like VSA.

A market profile indicator would be nice also. Based on time and one based on ticks.

Go go go :D

christoff

#4 Postby christoff » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:36 am

Hi,

I would also very much appreciate it if Range Bars were available as a chart option within Forex Tester. Its the only charts (range bars) which I currently uses in my live trading and it would be a huge help if I would have it available within FT so as to test my strategies here.

Regards,
Christoff

mfxt10

#5 Postby mfxt10 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am

This would be fantastic, however there is no ETA on when such option will be available.. is there anyone out there that may be able to program this right away?

Wessel

#6 Postby Wessel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Please consider to implement these range bars and tick bars in the next release of FT2, since there is tick data available I think this will make great use of these tick data feed.

Wessel

Tantalus

#7 Postby Tantalus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am

I have written a Range Bars indicator but I've yet to release it because FT is not capable of handling this type of price action indicators efficiently.

Fortunately, Mike and the boys are on the job and have already created a new (experimental) release which allows this type of indicator to be coded to run very quickly and efficiently. He has stated that he intends to release this new technology in the next release which should be in about a month.

For those who are interested, send me a PM and I'll help you get the indicator you want and also an advance copy of the new release (remember, it's still a beta).

or you can email me at admin@tantalusonline.com

Brian-
Tantalus Research - Developing 21st Century Trading Systems.

foreman01

#8 Postby foreman01 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 pm

I wonder if the new version that does Renko will be out soon.

If not, I would like to get the indicator and the beta.

I sent you an email as instructed, a few days ago.

Thank you.
Tantalus wrote:I have written a Range Bars indicator but I've yet to release it because FT is not capable of handling this type of price action indicators efficiently.

Fortunately, Mike and the boys are on the job and have already created a new (experimental) release which allows this type of indicator to be coded to run very quickly and efficiently. He has stated that he intends to release this new technology in the next release which should be in about a month.

For those who are interested, send me a PM and I'll help you get the indicator you want and also an advance copy of the new release (remember, it's still a beta).

or you can email me at admin@tantalusonline.com

Brian-

swannyfx

#9 Postby swannyfx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 am

I'd like to see range bars added to FT as well and would be happy to beta test if you're looking for volunteers.

Swanny.

Wessel

#10 Postby Wessel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Is there any news on these bars implemented in FT ?

Please let us know if this is scheduled or wont be there for a while

Many thanks
Wessel

FT Support

#11 Postby FT Support » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Hello Wessel,

We already have RangeBars indicator in Forex Tester 2.7. (i've also attached it to this message).
Attachments
Range_Bars.zip
(49.93 KiB) Downloaded 890 times
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

daniel1wk

#12 Postby daniel1wk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 am

Hi all,

How do I get the charts to display range bar candles in the main price chart instead of having the range bars in a separate indicator window? In MT4, range bar candles replace ordinary candles altogether.

Thanks in advance...

FT Support

#13 Postby FT Support » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 am

We'll add this feature in next versions

jeuro

Reanko and EA

#14 Postby jeuro » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Is it possible to run a EA ( re- written in tester code) using the renko indicator? I mean the same as attaching EA to an off-line chart in mt4?. I want to speed up tests for our renko EA , the whole strategy uses multi-pairs and is taking forever in forward demo.

I dont see a major deal re-writing our EA but could be a pain trying for the commercial renko EA we use.

Also, maybe we could re-design Our EA to work with the indicator. As long we can use at least 3 charts simultaneously.

I do not own Forex Tester 2, but I would buy immediately if these issues can be worked out.

Any advise from the FT staff? or anybody?
Thanks

FT Support

#15 Postby FT Support » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 am

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to use custom indicators in Forex Tester strategies so you can rewrite your EA to use renko indicator in Forex Tester.

johnlucas

#16 Postby johnlucas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:19 pm

FT Support wrote:We'll add this feature in next versions

Hello,

since 3 months have passed, is there a deadline or an expected release date for the FT version that will include bar charts as a stand alone chart (and not as an indicator)?
I think this is a very much needed feature...

thank you and happy new year!

John.

FT Support

#17 Postby FT Support » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello John, sorry but this is harder than we expected... we'll definitely add this feature but I do not know when...

Sinisa

#18 Postby Sinisa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:11 am

Hello,

I am waiting on Range bar charts since March 2011. Soon it will be 1 Year!
I bought FT because Alex said Range bar charts will be implemented soon (that was in March 2011, as I said). Me, and some of my friends bought then TF, and still waiting on Range bar charts.

During all that period I can't use FT because my method include Range bar charts. It is waste of money and HUGE waste of time.
Still waiting... but as we can see... nobody know how much we need to wait.
This is really unprofessional!

Terranin
Site Admin

Beta version with range bars is available

#19 Postby Terranin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 am

Beta version with range bars is available see this topic http://www.forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3168
Hasta la vista
Mike

Steven Smith

#20 Postby Steven Smith » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 am

I think this is a new way to look at the price bars.
And many many people are interested in it. I believe that
it is easy to make, for whom that understand programing language,
and Renko charts are needed too.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”