Testing Continuity Request

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
11b3Lv13

Testing Continuity Request

#1 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:31 am

Hi,

I'm a FT3 License holder and I'm happy with the product thus far... although I feel that one or two further optimizations could be worthwhile...

ONE -

Is there a way that you could allow us to change the chart name to another preloaded chart in the project? Without having realign all our charts in a multichart/window format from scratch when we want to look at a new chart pair?

This would save ample time... I'm looking for the ability to do the same as when you press ENTER on a MT4 chart and are able to input the chart that you want to change to... (I know all annotations will stay on the chart, but this is just for ease of setup for new pair testing...)

TWO -

Can you enable a streaming service whereby you allow us to stream active quote data into the software when the testing catches up with realtime, or when the test period runs out?

This would require a broker username and password... (like a demo/investor account login preferably) - This so that I can rewind and play into the live market at speed, thereby making my PA trading more effective...

THREE -

Can you try and lock your trendlines so that they do not MOVE when the scale of the charts adjusts... This is very frustrating and gives mixed results... (is there a fix for this?)

Thank you!

FX Helper

Re: Testing Continuity Request

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 am

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

You can't change the name of the chart in the program.
Then only way is to save all drawings of the chart as a template, add another chart via File -> Add New Chart menu and then add this template to this new chart.

Sorry, but our software doesn't work with live data, it is a trading simulator so it works with historical data only.
So for now you can test only the data that you download from our server (free data are updated monthly, paid data are updated daily) or import from a file for you source.

Trend lines could be shifted in only one case - when the right end of the line is out of chart and there is no candles. In this case when it happens on the weekends or history holes it could be moved when new candle created.
I can recommend to use rays where 2 base points are inside the chart.

For example, let’s say you place line on the daily chart as you think on the highest point. The time of the end will be rounded today, hour 0, minute 0. Then you go to 15 timeframe and see that it is shifted from its highest value - this is because line end is still on the hour 0, minute 0, but your highest value now has time hour 4, minute 45. If you correct your line and now it has the time value hour 4, minute 45 - it will be shown correctly on both timeframes. But when we draw line on the daily charts we do not have information about where you want to put this line inside the day (which hour and minute)... This information could be found on smaller timeframes.

Please see detailed info on our forum: http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1111

11b3Lv13

#3 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks for the reply...

Please could we have an option to display the average price when we are long multiple positions?

This would be great for Risk Management Purposes...

11b3Lv13

#4 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 am

IS there anyway of importing new data from data center without starting a new project? so to import into current project?

Or perhaps investigating the use of a project template...?

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:42 am

The only way to do it now is to download more data via the Data Center and then load the current project via File -> Open Project button so the project can use new data.

11b3Lv13

#6 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:00 am

FX Helper wrote:The only way to do it now is to download more data via the Data Center and then load the current project via File -> Open Project button so the project can use new data.

Sorry but this advice is incorrect... I have to create a brand new Project and define the later date for the new data to be included...

This is something that "should" work out the box... Hopefully it will after the next update...

11b3Lv13

#7 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:02 am

11b3Lv13 wrote:Thanks for the reply...

Please could we have an option to display the average price when we are long multiple positions?

This would be great for Risk Management Purposes...

Will we see this in a future update?

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:04 am

Hello,

If you creat the project till some past date then you can't change the end date of the testing via the program, only by editing the end date in the settings.dat file in the Projects folder.

But if you create a project till 2020 year, for example, you can download new data each time, load the project and it will show these new data in this existing project.

11b3Lv13

#9 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:10 am

Thanks that fixed it...

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”